Forum: Ruby Ruby Patch Release Cycle?

B0220a4b0ec42f2ddc610d0c187b1ee1?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Thomassen (thomthom)
on 2013-09-01 15:15
Is there a set patch release cycle? If not, what triggers a patch
release?

Reason I'm asking is that there is a bug which is fixed in trunk which
is needed for what we do. It would be nice to have an idea of when the
next patch release would happen.
15000f55138ae94b0f362ed7c625461a?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Am 01.09.2013 15:15, schrieb Thomas Thomassen:
> Is there a set patch release cycle? If not, what triggers a patch
> release?
>
> Reason I'm asking is that there is a bug which is fixed in trunk which
> is needed for what we do. It would be nice to have an idea of when the
> next patch release would happen.

My impression is that patch releases are often triggered by security
fixes. And there also seems to be a tradition of releasing a patch level
at Dec 25.

Regards,
Marcus