Forum: Ruby Ruby Patch Release Cycle?

B0220a4b0ec42f2ddc610d0c187b1ee1?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Thomassen (thomthom)
on 2013-09-01 15:15
Is there a set patch release cycle? If not, what triggers a patch
release?

Reason I'm asking is that there is a bug which is fixed in trunk which
is needed for what we do. It would be nice to have an idea of when the
next patch release would happen.
unknown (Guest)
Am 01.09.2013 15:15, schrieb Thomas Thomassen:
> Is there a set patch release cycle? If not, what triggers a patch
> release?
>
> Reason I'm asking is that there is a bug which is fixed in trunk which
> is needed for what we do. It would be nice to have an idea of when the
> next patch release would happen.

My impression is that patch releases are often triggered by security
fixes. And there also seems to be a tradition of releasing a patch level
at Dec 25.

Regards,
Marcus