Forum: Ruby on Rails Error layout

45153eb3ebdacab9f4a2386891ba7623?d=identicon&s=25 Jorge C. (jorge_c)
Hi all,

I have created a form to insert new records (see "Selección_001.png")
with two mandatory fields ("name" and "surname") but if I try to insert
a blank record (so it is invalid) I get the two errors (that is correct)
but the page layout is modified (see "Selección_002.png"), which is not
correct.

As you can see "Name" label, "name" text box, "Surname" label, and
"surname" text box are moved each one to a new line (which is different
from to original layout)

I have tried to delete ALL css files on the folder but without success
("Selección_003.png"), the red color disappears but the layout is still
modified ;-(

Does anybody know what file I have to update to avoid this change in my
layout?

Thanks!

        Jorge
On 29 August 2013 21:03, Jorge C. <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> from to original layout)
>
> I have tried to delete ALL css files on the folder but without success
> ("Seleccin_003.png"), the red color disappears but the layout is still
> modified ;-(
>
> Does anybody know what file I have to update to avoid this change in my
> layout?

Using Firebug in Firefox you can inspect the css and see what is going
on.  Also inspect the html and see what has changed there.

Colin
45153eb3ebdacab9f4a2386891ba7623?d=identicon&s=25 Jorge C. (jorge_c)
on 2013-08-29 23:02
Thanks Colin!

The "issue" was on HTML code: each faulty HTML tag was being wrapped
inside a new <div>, so the default behavior was to start a new line.

I have added "display:inline-block" in the CSS class and everything is
working perfect now.

Thanks!!
Existing account

No account? Register here.