Forum: GNU Radio GR_TEST_TARGET_DEPS Settings?

781e96b7bd64e8833d71e3914cb1594a?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Dickens (Guest)
I recently posted a "my bad", but it lead me to wonder why "make test"
was failing.  I had commit 64f8434d0 from 02-August-2013 installed, and
had built commit 9be83a4d from 16-August-2013 and was executing "make
test" from that build directory.  Tests were failing because a symbol
was missing from a library that, according to the debug output, should
not have been being used.

So, today I spent some time playing around with GrTest.cmake and the
settings for GR_TEST_TARGET_DEPS.  For this test, I deactivated -all-
installed versions of GNU Radio. I then built (but did not install)
9be83a4d from 16-August-2013.  "make test" failed again for (almost?)
all tests because libraries were not found.  After poking around, I see
that in the top-level CMakeLists.txt file, GR_TEST_TARGET_DEPS is being
set to "volk gnuradio-runtime".  Then, in many of the components, I find
'set(GR_TEST_TARGET_DEPS "")'!  Which says to me that this component has
no internal dependencies; which is not going to be the case except for
maybe gruel or pmt.  And, the cmake test shell scripts reflect this too
(no internal dependencies).

Some of the components have actual dependencies set, e.g., gr-filter:
'list(APPEND GR_TEST_TARGET_DEPS test-gr-filter gnuradio-filter
gnuradio-fft)'.  But, again, some of the required libraries are still
not being found.

I believe that most of the GR_TEST_TARGET_DEPS settings are not correct,
and, further, that in the top-level setting gnuradio-pmt should be
added.

I'm happy to hack through this and figure out what needs to set and to
what.  But, I'd prefer a sanity check from others (Linux or OSX) that
shows that my beliefs are founded.  So, can some other folks try
-building- (not installing) GNU Radio from the latest (master or next)
with no other GNU Radio installed, and see if "make test" works?
Thanks! - MLD
D3e3c5e41e9aed486856802be823e181?d=identicon&s=25 Johnathan Corgan (Guest)
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Michael Dickens <mlk@alum.mit.edu>
wrote:

> I'm happy to hack through this and figure out what needs to set and to
> what.  But, I'd prefer a sanity check from others (Linux or OSX) that shows
> that my beliefs are founded.  So, can some other folks try -building- (not
> installing) GNU Radio from the latest (master or next) with no other GNU
> Radio installed, and see if "make test" works?  Thanks! - MLD

Please, feel free to modify as needed to get things working for you, so
we
can see the diff.  However, the test script I use to validate
maint/master/next branches before push does pass make test with no
installed GNU Radio.  This is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 and 32-bit, mostly.
Existing account

No account? Register here.