Forum: NGINX Creating One-way connections or Dont wait for upstream

2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 wojonstech (Guest)
Hello,

I am working on an application where http ( websocket, or any type of
connection) connections will be one direction for inserting data into a
database and queuing data. The client side of the application does not
care
about the response from nginx. It would be acceptable to send a blank
response or send no database at all and simple just close the
connection.
After or as the connection is closed I would like the data to work
internal
within nginx as normal selecting an upstream proxying it, if the
upstream
timeouts or has an error still be able to use nginx_next_upstream.

What would a configuration like this look like?

Thank you in advance.

Posted at Nginx Forum:
56080a668b706e94fb2bbe9ee727d006?d=identicon&s=25 Reinis Rozitis (Guest)
> The client side of the application does not care about the response from
> nginx. It would be acceptable to send a blank
response or send no database at all and simple just close the
connection.
After or as the connection is closed I would like the data to work
internal
within nginx as normal selecting an upstream proxying it, if the
upstream
timeouts or has an error still be able to use nginx_next_upstream.

> What would a configuration like this look like ?

If you can (force) close the connection from client side then you can
try
proxy_ignore_client_abort setting (
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_proxy_modul...
 ) - which will make nginx to complete the request to upstream.

The other approach (more options to "program" nginx) approach could be
use something like Echo module ( http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpEchoModule )
from
http://openresty.org/

rr