Best transmitter/receiver setup for large coverage

Hi,

I am using usrp2 and gnuradio 3.3.0.

I want to use benchmark_tx.py as transmitter and benchmark_rx.py as
receiver.

so that multiple receiver at distance of around 1 KM should get good
signal strength.

So could you please let me know the best options for tx and rx waveform,
so I could get the maximum range of coverage.

best options means:

transmitter frequency, tx gain, tx amplitude and rx-gain, if there is
any other then let me know.

I need this to do spectrum sensing with energy detection.

with Thanks,

Dilip

1 km is a long distance, so the lower frequency, the less pathloss. Use
maximum tx gain and rx gain.
And the distance may highly depend on the environment. Is there
buildings,
trees, or just a blank space?

Lin

2013/8/15 dilip thapa [email protected]

Lin,

actually it is under the building please check here CORNET.

~Dilip

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:49:38 +0800
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] best transmitter/receiver setup for large
coverage
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]; [email protected]

[...]

USRP-users mailing list

Dilip,

So you just use CORNET remotely. Well, I think you should try different
parameters…
They use Custom developed USRP2 daughterboard based on the Motorola
RFIC4.
I didn’t find “specifications on the “custom daughterboard”” in the
FAQ.

Lin

2013/8/15 dilip thapa [email protected]

Lin,

As I am aware, daughter-board used are
WBX-40 50 MHz - 2.2 GHz Rx/Tx, 40 MHz BW - Ettus Research | Ettus Research, a National Instruments Brand | The leader in Software Defined Radio (SDR). and site is not updated.
And we can use WBX 50-2200. So If we replaced the daughterboard. how can
I achieve the best SNR with above environment.

~Dilip

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:49:38 +0800
coverage
From: [email protected]

To: [email protected]
[...]

Marcus,

As in a document the antennas are tri-band 144/430/1200MHz
omni-directional.

Can you please explain in a little more detail, how can I check
(scriptedly) with different frequencies, and find the best frequency,
what will be criteria to determine the better frequency, is that can be
distance only?

If we have open environment then can you provide any good reference.

~Dilip

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:44:42 +0200
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
coverage

Find out what antennas are used;
  antennas work better for different frequencies.

  However, to really find out what works best in your particular
  environment, the best (and fastest way) is most propably to
  (scriptedly) try out different frequencies.

  Best SNR is, of course, achieved when you transmit with maximum
  transceiver and maximum receiver gain, note, however, that
  especially for the transmitting part, clipping of signal has been
  observed. So basically, try different frequencies with a medium
  gain, and when you find one or two good frequency ranges, try
  different gains.

  Greetings,

  Marcus

  PS: I've taken discuss-gnuradio from the receiver list, as this is
  not a discussion that is very related to GNU Radio

    Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:21:16 +0800

      Subject: Re: [USRP-users] best transmitter/receiver setup for
      large coverage

                    Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:49:38 +0800

                    Subject: Re: [USRP-users] best
                    transmitter/receiver setup for large coverage

                    From: [email protected]

                    To: [email protected]

                    CC: [email protected];
                    [email protected]