Forum: GNU Radio How to use gr-audio on Windows?

F525e531c599470c9e286b013e06eccf?d=identicon&s=25 Luong Tan Phong (Guest)
Hi Lists,

I've install gnuradio on Windows following the link:
http://voltronics.blogspot.com/2013/01/gnu-radio-w....
It's OK.After that, I've write program to read data from soundcard with
gr-audio lib. It's OK (using portaudio lib).

When I copy the program and all dll from gnuradio, QT,... into a
directory
on another PC, the program can run but it can't read data from
soundcard.

Could you help me, please?

Best regards.

LTP.
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:39 AM, Luong Tan Phong <phonglt03@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Could you help me, please?
>
> Best regards.
>
> LTP.

Windows native audio is currently not implemented (see But 521 on our
issues tracker). We need someone willing to work on it to see if we
can fix it.

But it sounds like you had it working using portaudio, so maybe you
just need to get portaudio working properly on the new machine. And
look at the installed gr-audio.conf file to set 'audio_mode' to
portaudio to make sure you're properly selecting that.

--
Tom
Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4

Thanks so much.

Best regards.

LTP.
F525e531c599470c9e286b013e06eccf?d=identicon&s=25 Luong Tan Phong (Guest)
Sorry for my misstake.

When I move my program to new PC, it can't read data from soundcard.
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 8:04 PM, Luong Tan Phong <phonglt03@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Sorry for my misstake.
>
> When I move my program to new PC, it can't read data from soundcard.

I'm still a little confused.

You have a Windows machine that you can use with gr-audio.

You have a /second/ Windows machine that cannot use gr-audio.

Right?

As I said, the native Windows interface in gr-audio does not work. But
if you are using portaudio on one Windows machine, make sure your
other machine is set up the exact same way to use portaudio there,
too.

Tom

>>> just need to get portaudio working properly on the new machine. And
>>> look at the installed gr-audio.conf file to set 'audio_mode' to
>>> portaudio to make sure you're properly selecting that.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Tom
>>> Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4
>>> http://www.trondeau.com/grcon13

--
Tom
Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4
http://www.trondeau.com/grcon13
F525e531c599470c9e286b013e06eccf?d=identicon&s=25 Luong Tan Phong (Guest)
My problem here:

On Windows PC1, I've install gnuradio with gr-audio (using portaudio)
from
source code, write a program to read data from LineIn port on sound
card.
Every thing is OK.

On Windows PC2:
   1. I copy the gnuradio dlls from PC1 to PC2 (don't install gnuradio),
included portaudio.dll, QT4Core.dll, ...
   2. Create a directory named *.gnuradio* in my *%HOME%*, here *
C:\Users\LTP\.gnuradio*. In this directory create a file named
*config.conf.
*Set* *audio_module = portaudio.
   3. Copy my program from PC1 to PC2. The program can run but it can't

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Luong Tan Phong <phonglt03@gmail.com>
wrote:
> C:\Users\LTP\.gnuradio. In this directory create a file named config.conf.
> Set audio_module = portaudio.
>    3. Copy my program from PC1 to PC2. The program can run but it can't read
> data from LineIn port on sound card.
>
> Could you help me, please?
>
> LTP.

This sounds like a problem with portaudio. I would install portaudio
properly on PC2 and test it to make sure it's working.

Tom

--
Tom
Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4