Forum: Ruby on Rails Sharing post via email on social Q and A site

9273ac57f9a761f1e4d857b07baf99ca?d=identicon&s=25 rubist2013 rails (rubist2013)
on 2013-08-13 06:05
From a rails social question and answer site using Twitter Bootstrap, I
want to allow users to
share a question via email.  The question would have an email icon that
opens a modal where an email address, name, and comments could be
entered.  I am not interested in saving the entered information.  It
would get passed to action mailer for the email.  What is the best
approach for this?  Code helps :)

Thanks.
On Aug 12, 2013, at 11:05 PM, rubist2013 rails <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

> From a rails social question and answer site, I want to allow users to
> share a question via email.  The question would have an email icon that
> opens a modal where an email address, name, and comments could be
> entered.  I am not interested in saving the entered information.  It
> would get passed to action mailer for the email.  What is the best
> approach for this?  Code helps :)

Are the address & name that of the sender or recipient? Where does the
other (sender or recipient) info come from? What does the mail contain?
Just the comments? At any rate, what actual information do you need to
know? Have you read
http://guides.rubyonrails.org/action_mailer_basics.html yet?
Existing account

No account? Register here.