Forum: NGINX Character references

C251daae8edd66b6ef72c251533e66ce?d=identicon&s=25 Spirovski Dejan (Guest)
If I use character reference in html file to represent a character and
web
server sends the file on browser request, how the browser will decode
the
character reference?
My Nginx web server is configured to not send character encoding in the
header I have set character encoding in the meta tag on page level to
utf8.
63f341734581b167c7b698169bdd2510?d=identicon&s=25 Lukas Tribus (Guest)
Hi Dejan,

> If I use character reference in html file to represent a character and
> web server sends the file on browser request, how the browser will
> decode the character reference?
> My Nginx web server is configured to not send character encoding in the
> header I have set character encoding in the meta tag on page level to
> utf8.

This is off-topic, as this is about browser behavior, not webserver or
nginx specific behavior.

My experience is that, when both html meta tag and HTTP header are
setting
the charset, the one in the HTTP header takes precedence. When the HTTP
header doesn't specify the charset, browser usually refer to the html
meta
tag. Different browser vendor and releases may have a different
behavior.

YMMV.

I strongly suggest you set the correct charset in the HTTP header.

Regards,
Lukas
C251daae8edd66b6ef72c251533e66ce?d=identicon&s=25 Spirovski Dejan (Guest)
Lukas yeah thanks I will I guess I aggree with you but I am jst asking