Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem with rake db:populate on chapter 10.3.2

4f7966e6ef38383a72cb23208866144b?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Pines (Guest)
Hi. I am having problems populating my db.

I created a sample_data.rake file/

When I run rake db:populate it shows exactly what it should show- no
errors. But when I go to localhost and try to login the db has not been
populated.
On 11 August 2013 05:17, Ben Pines <bpines@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I am having problems populating my db.
>
> I created a sample_data.rake file/
>
> When I run rake db:populate it shows exactly what it should show- no errors.
> But when I go to localhost and try to login the db has not been populated.

Are you sure you are populating the same database that you are using
at run time?  Use mysql (or whatever db you are using) command line or
other utility to check whether the db has the correct data.

Colin