Forum: Ruby on Rails Unable to connect Mysql2 or Sqlite3 on windows

A6c93280edc34614d2e67dddfd14bc6f?d=identicon&s=25 Alexandre Alves (Guest)
Hi every body.
I would like to know if this problem is occurs only with me?
I was unable to get Mysql2 ou Sqlite3 working with Ruby and rails.
-ruby 2.0.0p247 (2013-06-27) [i386-mingw32]
-Rails 4.0.0.
I tried several  tutorials but no one work for me.

See same examples, for sqlite3:
https://github.com/luislavena/sqlite3-ruby/issues/82
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15480381/how-do...
And many others.
I can install de gems but When a run the app its simple crash.

For mysql
http://blog.mmediasys.com/2011/07/07/installing-my...

Anyone has a simple way to install the database?

Tks.
Ce5e201eca55d4f79d0ead9acc91d544?d=identicon&s=25 Dheeraj Kumar (Guest)
Getting good support for rails in windows is difficult. Why don't you
switch to Ubuntu or OSX?

--
Dheeraj Kumar
> And many others.
> I can install de gems but When a run the app its simple crash.

What do you mean by simple crash?  Is there not an error message of some
sort?

I agree with Dheeraj though, much better to use a Linux distribution
such as Ubuntu.  Run it in a virtual machine in Windoze or set your PC
up to dual boot Win and Ubuntu.

Colin
Existing account

No account? Register here.