Forum: JRuby Re: [ANN] Multidimensional Array - MDArray 0.5.4

2c0c4cf3ccc8da22f7c3b9586ce1cd70?d=identicon&s=25 Christian MICHON (Guest)
Rodrigo:

Don't you have your own mailing list for this tool MDArray?

If so, I would suggest to make announcements there and not here anymore,
though your project is somehow related to jruby.

Christian

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM, Rodrigo Botafogo <
B97f192e676f1a67e0ef18f022671406?d=identicon&s=25 Rodrigo Botafogo (Guest)
Hi Christian,

Sorry for posting on JRuby list.  Ive done so as Ive seen some
announcements in this list such as Ruboto and AR-JDBC.  I dont have a
mailing list for MDArray, but it is actually a good idea.  Ill try and
set
a list for it.

In the meantime if there are any readers of this list that would like to
get announcements and information about MDArray, please drop me an email
at
rodrigo.a.botafogo@gmail.com

Thanks....

Rodrigo

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Christian MICHON
<christian.michon@gmail.com
D469019a435a5dbd5c792016fdf67a0b?d=identicon&s=25 Jon Forums (jonm)
Rodrigo posted a clearly labeled ANN about a JRuby/Java based project
that's not
"somehow related" to JRuby as you claim.

If you find the ANN distracting, simply delete it and move on. The
subject line
was crystal clear as to the content.

JRuby related ANNs on this ML are particularly important for discovering
cool new
things from people in the JRuby community. If you're familiar with
Python's numpy,
scipy, pandas, and other scientific computing goodies, you should see
that MDArray
has a lot of potential. If you're not familiar with the area, you're now
aware.

This ML is an important channel for young JRuby projects trying to get
traction,
and the "cost" of ANNs to ML readers is just about nil. Don't try to
stifle JRuby
related ANNs on the primary JRuby ML ;)

Jon
2c0c4cf3ccc8da22f7c3b9586ce1cd70?d=identicon&s=25 Christian MICHON (Guest)
I'm fine with a 1st announcement, but does the ML need to be
aware/warned
for each sub release?

Deleting the original ANN is not enough, especially if there are