Forum: Ruby on Rails Required :Embed voice recorder on a webpage for a rural innovation project

A6f0140bf55e58863146c173b96f04c3?d=identicon&s=25 sunandan madan (Guest)
Dear Ruby Community,

We are a startup (Dhwani Rural Information
Systems<http://dhwani.herokuapp.com>)
who help build customized and scalable ICT solutions for NGO's and
Development Agencies by providing them a tool to send critical
information
in rural areas as a voice call.

All the ngo has to do is to upload a recorded message, select the phone
number to call and press the send button. Earlier we were using desktop
software like audacity for voice recording and file format conversion
into
the appropiate format which is mentioned below. We were facing some
issue
with that because its complex to use and not friendly for a novice user
in
ngo who are not that techsavy to use softwares.

We were wondering if we can have a voice recorder on our own web
application dhwani.herokuapp.com. The file format of the recorded file
should be in   [wav 16bit 8khz mono ]  only.

Do you provide a widget or a plugin or something similar that we can put
it
on our website and help us record the file in the particular format only
as
mentioned above? If not can you please suggest a way to meet our
requirements

*Thanks & Regards,*****

*Sunandan Madanl* | *Student - Programme in Rural Management | IRMA|*

*Roll No: 33084 |M: +919601409658 |*****

*P**
**Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to*
Ce5e201eca55d4f79d0ead9acc91d544?d=identicon&s=25 Dheeraj Kumar (Guest)
8cccf7f7039d4832030e01261ab5febd?d=identicon&s=25 Satish Kota (Guest)
You might also want to checkout Red5. it can do both audio and video.

Thanks and Regards

Satish N Kota

dhwani.herokuapp.com <http://dhwani.herokuapp.com/> . The file format of
the
recorded file should be in   [wav 16bit 8khz mono ]  only.

Do you provide a widget or a plugin or something similar that we can put
it
on our website and help us record the file in the particular format only
as
mentioned above? If not can you please suggest a way to meet our
requirements

Thanks & Regards,

Sunandan Madanl | Student - Programme in Rural Management | IRMA|

Roll No: 33084 |M: +919601409658 |

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk...
t5P2DwPXKFWONNPjApo%2BxkuY2zQA%40mail.gmail.com.

Existing account

No account? Register here.