Forum: Ruby on Rails User Role authorisation

Eac8ddf404d16c2e2b0a23c8b3b4755e?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Alex (alexalex)
on 2013-07-25 10:56
Hello, Currently I am working on a app, so far I have User (with devise)
which are able to create projects. So, if user1 creates project A and
project B I want him, to be able to assign user2 with role admin on
project A, and user2 with moderator role on project B. I was thinking in
creating a UserRoleProject link table, is it a good idea? Or if not
please help me with some pointers.

The action will be something like, User1 select from a list user2,
select a project from another list(that user1 created), and select the
role that the user2 will have on that project.

Any user will be able to perform the same action on their projects.

Thank you
On 25 July 2013 09:56, Alex Alex <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hello, Currently I am working on a app, so far I have User (with devise)
> which are able to create projects. So, if user1 creates project A and
> project B I want him, to be able to assign user2 with role admin on
> project A, and user2 with moderator role on project B. I was thinking in
> creating a UserRoleProject link table, is it a good idea? Or if not
> please help me with some pointers.

There is no need to ask the same question twice.  I have already
responded to your original question.

Colin
Eac8ddf404d16c2e2b0a23c8b3b4755e?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Alex (alexalex)
on 2013-07-25 11:16
Oh, sorry I did not realised that those forums are the same.

On 25 July 2013 10:16, Alex Alex <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Oh, sorry I did not realised that those forums are the same.

OK, ruby-forum is just a forum like interface to the mailing list.

Colin
Existing account

No account? Register here.