Forum: Ruby on Rails User Role authorisation

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Eac8ddf404d16c2e2b0a23c8b3b4755e?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Alex (alexalex)
on 2013-07-25 10:56
Hello, Currently I am working on a app, so far I have User (with devise)
which are able to create projects. So, if user1 creates project A and
project B I want him, to be able to assign user2 with role admin on
project A, and user2 with moderator role on project B. I was thinking in
creating a UserRoleProject link table, is it a good idea? Or if not
please help me with some pointers.

The action will be something like, User1 select from a list user2,
select a project from another list(that user1 created), and select the
role that the user2 will have on that project.

Any user will be able to perform the same action on their projects.

Thank you
5f94b9b346c2aa648a80bc259978e5bc?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Law (Guest)
on 2013-07-25 11:11
(Received via mailing list)
On 25 July 2013 09:56, Alex Alex <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hello, Currently I am working on a app, so far I have User (with devise)
> which are able to create projects. So, if user1 creates project A and
> project B I want him, to be able to assign user2 with role admin on
> project A, and user2 with moderator role on project B. I was thinking in
> creating a UserRoleProject link table, is it a good idea? Or if not
> please help me with some pointers.

There is no need to ask the same question twice.  I have already
responded to your original question.

Colin
Eac8ddf404d16c2e2b0a23c8b3b4755e?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Alex (alexalex)
on 2013-07-25 11:16
Oh, sorry I did not realised that those forums are the same.

Colin Law wrote in post #1116638:
> On 25 July 2013 09:56, Alex Alex <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> Hello, Currently I am working on a app, so far I have User (with devise)
>> which are able to create projects. So, if user1 creates project A and
>> project B I want him, to be able to assign user2 with role admin on
>> project A, and user2 with moderator role on project B. I was thinking in
>> creating a UserRoleProject link table, is it a good idea? Or if not
>> please help me with some pointers.
>
> There is no need to ask the same question twice.  I have already
> responded to your original question.
>
> Colin
5f94b9b346c2aa648a80bc259978e5bc?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Law (Guest)
on 2013-07-25 11:31
(Received via mailing list)
On 25 July 2013 10:16, Alex Alex <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Oh, sorry I did not realised that those forums are the same.

OK, ruby-forum is just a forum like interface to the mailing list.

Colin
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.