Forum: NGINX access to email body and attachments within mail proxy?

2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 mortadelo_de (Guest)
Hi, I'm wondering whether the MailProxy module allows access to the
e-mail
content (body and attachments) of a proxied email. I'd like to intercept
(encrypt) emails within SMTP, POP3 and IMAP requests. I haven't been
able to
find any configuration samples that would allow access to the email
content.

Posted at Nginx Forum:
Hello!

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 08:58:50AM -0400, mortadelo_de wrote:

> Hi, I'm wondering whether the MailProxy module allows access to the e-mail
> content (body and attachments) of a proxied email. I'd like to intercept
> (encrypt) emails within SMTP, POP3 and IMAP requests. I haven't been able to
> find any configuration samples that would allow access to the email content.

It's not something nginx mail proxy allows to do.  It only checks
authentication and then establishes an opaque pipe between a
client and an upstream server.

--
Maxim Dounin
http://nginx.org/en/donation.html