Forum: Ruby on Rails Does anyone develop on Mac and deploy on *BSD?

95d95675b947b108e818f007828eccc4?d=identicon&s=25 jmcguckin (Guest)
I have many questions...

Joe
On 23 July 2013 02:35, jmcguckin <mcguckin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have many questions...

Well ask them, but best one at a time so that threads do not become
interleaved.

Colin.
1e67003934508fb846d12f81b314c7d3?d=identicon&s=25 Alan Elliott (Guest)
On Monday, July 22, 2013 9:35:50 PM UTC-4, jmcguckin wrote:

> I have many questions...
>
> Joe

Yes. Deploy to FreeBSD, Apache2, Passenger Phusion and PostgreSQL
95d95675b947b108e818f007828eccc4?d=identicon&s=25 jmcguckin (Guest)
Ok,

I'm totally clueless on how to get my finished app onto the NetBSD
platform.
 - Do I re-install Rails, Ruby, etc manually or is there some automated
way
to deploy.
 - Do I need to tar up the Rails directory with my application and copy
it
over manually?
 - What about periodic updates?
 - What web server, etc do I need to run?
 - Do you suggest using something like Chef, etc to get the deployment
environment setup?
 - When I turn off the 'DEVELOPMENT' flag, what is going to change
regarding Rails? Is it going to expect the web server to serve up static
assets?
   How do I configure that?

Thanks,

Joe
On Jul 23, 2013, at 10:59 PM, jmcguckin <mcguckin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I'm totally clueless on how to get my finished app onto the NetBSD platform.
>  - Do I re-install Rails, Ruby, etc manually or is there some automated way to
deploy.
>  - Do I need to tar up the Rails directory with my application and copy it over
manually?
>  - What about periodic updates?
>  - What web server, etc do I need to run?
>  - Do you suggest using something like Chef, etc to get the deployment
environment setup?
>  - When I turn off the 'DEVELOPMENT' flag, what is going to change regarding
Rails? Is it going to expect the web server to serve up static assets?
>    How do I configure that?

Have you *ever* deployed a Rails app, or is this the first time? None of
these questions are particular to *BSD, although there may be some
specific answers. You should read up or follow some rails casts, etc.
These questions are not hard to find answers to.
Existing account

No account? Register here.