Forum: Ruby on Rails Does anyone develop on Mac and deploy on *BSD?

jmcguckin (Guest)
I have many questions...

Joe
Colin Law (Guest)
On 23 July 2013 02:35, jmcguckin <mcguckin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have many questions...

Well ask them, but best one at a time so that threads do not become
interleaved.

Colin.
Alan Elliott (Guest)
On Monday, July 22, 2013 9:35:50 PM UTC-4, jmcguckin wrote:

> I have many questions...
>
> Joe

Yes. Deploy to FreeBSD, Apache2, Passenger Phusion and PostgreSQL
jmcguckin (Guest)
Ok,

I'm totally clueless on how to get my finished app onto the NetBSD
platform.
 - Do I re-install Rails, Ruby, etc manually or is there some automated
way
to deploy.
 - Do I need to tar up the Rails directory with my application and copy
it
over manually?
 - What about periodic updates?
 - What web server, etc do I need to run?
 - Do you suggest using something like Chef, etc to get the deployment
environment setup?
 - When I turn off the 'DEVELOPMENT' flag, what is going to change
regarding Rails? Is it going to expect the web server to serve up static
assets?
   How do I configure that?

Thanks,

Joe
4b4de96abbd3fe26cc285cebd5d806ca?d=identicon&s=25 tamouse m. (tamouse_m)
On Jul 23, 2013, at 10:59 PM, jmcguckin <mcguckin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I'm totally clueless on how to get my finished app onto the NetBSD platform.
>  - Do I re-install Rails, Ruby, etc manually or is there some automated way to
deploy.
>  - Do I need to tar up the Rails directory with my application and copy it over
manually?
>  - What about periodic updates?
>  - What web server, etc do I need to run?
>  - Do you suggest using something like Chef, etc to get the deployment
environment setup?
>  - When I turn off the 'DEVELOPMENT' flag, what is going to change regarding
Rails? Is it going to expect the web server to serve up static assets?
>    How do I configure that?

Have you *ever* deployed a Rails app, or is this the first time? None of
these questions are particular to *BSD, although there may be some
specific answers. You should read up or follow some rails casts, etc.
These questions are not hard to find answers to.