Forum: NGINX proxy_pass via HTTP proxy

2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 cavedon (Guest)

I am trying to configure my nginx instance so that it "proxy_pass"es to
another HTTPS server S.
However, in order to reach S, I need to go though an HTTP server P. This
means nginx would need to connect to P, issue a CONNECT request, and
then
tunnel the HTTPS request to S.
Is this supported? How to enable it?
I could not find mention in the documentation, and it is kind of hard to
search for :)

Thank you,
Ludovico

Posted at Nginx Forum:
2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 mex (Guest)
just a try / not sure if it will work

- when starting your nginx try to use a shellscript script that sets
http_proxy / https_proxy:
export http_proxy=http://server-ip:port/ ; i'm not sure it nginx has
some
options to use a 3rd proxy.

- maybe you can use firewall-rules to do a simple portforwarding to your
proxy P, but i'm not sure it will work (for intercepting http-traffic
and
using squid as a transparent proxy it works)

maybe https is an issue

regards,

mex

Posted at Nginx Forum:
36a8284995fa0fb82e6aa2bede32adac?d=identicon&s=25 Francis Daly (Guest)
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 08:58:35PM -0400, cavedon wrote:

Hi there,

> However, in order to reach S, I need to go though an HTTP server P. This
> means nginx would need to connect to P, issue a CONNECT request, and then
> tunnel the HTTPS request to S.
> Is this supported?

No.

> How to enable it?

Start coding :-)

Right now, nginx proxy_pass speaks http to a http server, or
http-over-ssl
to a https server. It doesn't speak proxied-http to a http proxy
server. (Including the CONNECT method of proxied-http.)

So if you want that, you'll need to look outside of current-nginx.

Francis Daly        francis@daoine.org
Existing account

No account? Register here.