Forum: GNU Radio Doppler Radar Processing

2f6daaf7d44036194ccca61fce298cde?d=identicon&s=25 Wallace, Frank L CIV NSWCDD, Q41 (Guest)
Has anybody done Doppler Radar Processing in GNU Radio Companion?
Currently, I am just saving off the data and then processing it in
Octave/Matlab. It would be nice to have a display of the range/Doppler
map that is updated periodically within GRC.  This would give me a good
indication that everything is working without me having to save off the
data and load it into matlab.  I am fairly new to GNU Radio and the GRC
and it is the plots that I really don't know how to do.  So, does anyone
have something like a 2D Mesh plot in QT that I could update semi-real
time?

Thanks,
Frank Wallace
D500384e425fd1e51583f596fffb5d13?d=identicon&s=25 Jean-Michel FRIEDT (Guest)
in case you are interested in such a related topic
http://jmfriedt.free.fr/poster_12906.pdf
I have not made an archive of all the related boxes and GRC graphs but
this
might be an opportunity to do so.

JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency/SENSeOR, 32 av. observatoire,
25044 Besancon, France

>>Currently, I am just saving off the data and then processing it in
Octave/Matlab. It would be nice to have a display of the range/Doppler
map
that is updated periodically within GRC.  This would give me a good
indication that everything is working without me having to save off the
data and load it into matlab.  I am fairly new to GNU Radio and the GRC
and
it is the plots that I really don't know how to do.  So, does anyone
have
something like a 2D Mesh plot in QT that I could update semi-real time?

Is there a specific requirement that u want this plot to be updated
with-in
GRC? If not then u can stream the data from GRC to network-socket or
some
FIFO. Then u can write an independent QT-app that read data from socket
and
displays it on " QT-2D Mesh plot" u mentioned above

-Adeel

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 2:34 AM, Wallace, Frank L CIV NSWCDD, Q41 <
2f6daaf7d44036194ccca61fce298cde?d=identicon&s=25 Wallace, Frank L CIV NSWCDD, Q41 (Guest)
The question should be stated more like:  Does someone have a "QT-2D
mesh plot" block that I can use?  If so, then I can stay in
C++/Python/GRC and not have to export the data to Matlab.  While I would
want to run it faster, right now, an update every 2 seconds or so is
acceptable.   1) I 'm lazy and didn't want to do it if someone already
has. 2) I get rid of the Matlab/Octive stuff as mostly, it is just for
plotting.
Thanks,
Frank

---
From Frank:

From: Adeel Anwar [mailto:adeelanwr@gmail.com]
>>Is there a specific requirement that u want this plot to be updated with-in GRC?
If not then u can stream the data from GRC to network-socket or some FIFO. Then
can write an independent QT-app that read data from socket and displays it on "
QT-2D Mesh plot" u mentioned above

-Adeel
----
C684eb8e9b0da63ab7166f869e349624?d=identicon&s=25 Bruce Penswick (Guest)
For your 2-D plotting, why don't you just use Matplotlib
(http://matplotlib.org/) or Qwt (http://qwt.sourceforge.net/)?? Those
two tools provide powerful plotting capabilities from Python and C++.
Am I missing something?
2f6daaf7d44036194ccca61fce298cde?d=identicon&s=25 Wallace, Frank L CIV NSWCDD, Q41 (Guest)
Thanks, That is why I asked the question, I didn't know what is out
there.

Thanks,
Frank
Existing account