Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Cairo or Gtk::DrawingArea memory leak?

E8f8cdeb0b09316cb0ae081a02c7a29d?d=identicon&s=25 none nope (goregee)
on 2013-07-09 18:23
Trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.
Whenever I run this code it starts using up all my ram but no process
shows up as using the ram but the task manager shows ram usage going up
until the computer starts hanging.

are you suppsoed to save the cairo context and use the same one over and
over again or run this line of code every time you draw?

cr = window.create_cairo_context

here is the simple program I started with and it hangs my computer if I
let it run for a minute or two.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/de637935fee203170b9b

here is the gem list:
atk (2.0.2)
bundler (1.3.5)
cairo (1.12.6)
gdk_pixbuf2 (2.0.2)
glib2 (2.0.2)
gtk2 (2.0.2)
pango (2.0.2)
pkg-config (1.1.4)
rake (10.0.4)
rubygems-bundler (1.1.1)
rvm (1.11.3.7)
E8f8cdeb0b09316cb0ae081a02c7a29d?d=identicon&s=25 none nope (goregee)
on 2013-07-11 00:16
switched ruby version with rvm to 1.9.3 from 2.0 and installed the
previous version of gtk2 on 1.9.3 and now it seems to work.
3396e4a3df8a840faec520af8555a400?d=identicon&s=25 Mario Steele (Guest)
I have tested your code on Windows, with Ruby 2.0.0 p0, with gtk 2.0.2,
and
haven't ran into any issues with memory leakage.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 6:16 PM, none nope <
ruby-forum-incoming@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=4880...

Mario Steele
Fleet Captain