Forum: Ruby on Rails How to save xml values to mysql database

1d4d78bf072607d3522fe3ceae4b7a9e?d=identicon&s=25 keerthi priya (Guest)
Hi All,

          I have a xml and I have to save those values into my mysql
database using ruby1.87. How can I do it. Kindly guide me how can I get
values and save them.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Kp
keerthi priya <emailtokeerthipriya@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a xml and I have to save those values into my mysql database using
ruby1.87. How can I do it. Kindly guide me how can I get
> values and save them.

This really is not anywhere near enough of a description to determine
what you want. Are you unsure how to read and parse the XML? Are you
unsure how to create a record and save it? I'm going to go way out on a
limb here and assume you are using Rails, but which ORM? ActiveRecord?
And which version of Rails are you running with Ruby 1.8.7? Rails 2.x?
Can you google? Have you read documentation? What have you tried so far?
On Tuesday, 25 June 2013 00:01:54 UTC-7, keerthi priya wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>           I have a xml and I have to save those values into my mysql
> database using ruby1.87. How can I do it. Kindly guide me how can I get
> values and save them.

Use Ruby. :)

But seriously, you're going to have to provide a great deal more detail
for
anybody to help you on this one. What are you trying to get out the XML?
What's the database schema you're putting the values *into*?

Most importantly, what have you tried so far?

--Matt Jones