Forum: Ruby on Rails Why have to Generate a migration from an existing MySQL Database?

42ff7708b347154c93e2f2d865d9f18e?d=identicon&s=25 haxuan lac (haxuanlac)
on 2013-06-20 19:19
I'm a newbie ROR
I reading some Document and I know Generate a migration from an existing
MySQL Database
I don't know why have to do it?This action can solve problems?
please someone ever to done this can explain for me this.
Thanks....
On 20 June 2013 18:19, haxuan lac <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I'm a newbie ROR
> I reading some Document and I know Generate a migration from an existing
> MySQL Database
> I don't know why have to do it?This action can solve problems?
> please someone ever to done this can explain for me this.

There is no need to generate migrations to recreate an existing
database.

Colin
Existing account

No account? Register here.