Forum: GNU Radio F18 and GR

B416d81ed85e2c70cc79eba88d08259b?d=identicon&s=25 Patrik Tast (Guest)
Hi All,

My F17 started to cry "Disk failure is imminent. Please backup your disk
and have it replaced!", done!
It still boots, kernel 3.8.13-100.fc17.x86_64, but I can hear hd probs
(seeking).....

My question is, after fetching a new HD, should I update to F18 or stay
at 17?
I've tried earlier GR on 18 and got into trouble, I got it working but
lots of ifs...This was months ago though.

Patrik
D2595f4322a69535ddb92617d17f0eef?d=identicon&s=25 Louis Brown (madengr)
on 2013-06-04 03:32
Patrik Tast wrote in post #1111223:
> Hi All,
>
> My F17 started to cry "Disk failure is imminent. Please backup your disk
> and have it replaced!", done!
> It still boots, kernel 3.8.13-100.fc17.x86_64, but I can hear hd probs
> (seeking).....
>
> My question is, after fetching a new HD, should I update to F18 or stay
> at 17?
> I've tried earlier GR on 18 and got into trouble, I got it working but
> lots of ifs...This was months ago though.
>
> Patrik

FWIW I have had zero problems on Fedora 18.  I created install notes
here:

http://rfpoweramp.wordpress.com/category/sdr/gnu-radio/
Existing account

No account? Register here.