Forum: Ruby money gem with 1.9.1?

B26c076ba701cc678f6218d0f58cd14d?d=identicon&s=25 J. V. (jvsrvcs)
on 2013-06-03 23:12
I switched back to 1.9.1 and am trying to install the money gem and get:

ERROR:  Error installing money:
  money requires Ruby version >= 1.9.2.

why?
C5e056d4888f81842e966ff308c03416?d=identicon&s=25 Jeremy Bopp (Guest)
On 06/03/2013 04:12 PM, J. V. wrote:
> I switched back to 1.9.1 and am trying to install the money gem and get:
>
> ERROR:  Error installing money:
>   money requires Ruby version >= 1.9.2.
>

> why?

Apparently, the version of the money gem that used to be installed for
your application is no longer available.  The newer version has been
updated to require the newer version of ruby, probably because trying to
maintain a single code base that was compatible with versions of Ruby
prior to 1.9.2 was not worth the author's effort.

In this case, you should probably direct your question to the maintainer
of the money gem rather than this list.  You can find out more
information about the gem and its maintainers by running the following
command:

  gem search -rd ^money$

-Jeremy