anyone outside of an easy  drive to Blacksburg, VA. But at the same
time, I didn't want anyone around to miss it if you are in the area.
So feel free to come and chat with us! Here are the details:

When: Monday, June 3, 2013

      10am - 12pm

Where: ICTAS 310

Schedule:

10:00: Tom Rondeau, GNU Radio maintainer

       Introduction to GNU Radio, the community, and the Hackfest

10:20: Ben Hilburn Ettus Research, LLC

       Review of software radio hardware

10:40: Johnathan Corgan, Corgan Labs and co-maintainer of GNU Radio

       Interfacing and contributing to the community and the project.

11:00: Philip Balister, OpenSDR and GNU Radio contributor

       Developing the open source community in the university.

11:20: Martin Braun, Ph.D. candidate, KIT and GNU Radio contributor

       Ben Reynwar, GNU Radio contributor

       Discussing their contributions to GNU Radio and describing the

       new OFDM development.

11:40: Q & A

Tom
Afbb56f25f6c6a2d88882cd10606d791?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Fox (Guest)
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Tom Rondeau <tom@trondeau.com> wrote:
> of it, we're reaching out to the local community at the university and
>
>        Introduction to GNU Radio, the community, and the Hackfest
>
> 11:20: Martin Braun, Ph.D. candidate, KIT and GNU Radio contributor
>
> Tom

Is there any interest in holding a Hackfest in the Washington DC area
in the next year or two? There are a few universities with engineering
schools in the area, with University of Maryland as the top one and I
don't see why their engineering school would turn this down. Just an
idea from a DC area local.
2f3c373b3c23be88551d9d7db02784ac?d=identicon&s=25 Ankan Roybardhan (Guest)
Could this be made an online streaming live so that people sitting all
around could also watch and learn.

Are there any plans to organize such events in southern/eastern parts
preferably at UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, GAINESVILLE, FL.

-Regards,

Ankan Roybardhan.
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Ankan Roybardhan <ankangnv@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Could this be made an online streaming live so that people sitting all
> around could also watch and learn.

I doubt it. We haven't really set anything up to do that. There will
likely be some photos and video taken of Monday morning's info
session.

Frankly, recording the hackfest itself would be a bit awkward for us.
We couldn't quite capture the event, and it would probably make us too
self conscious and ruin a bit of the atmosphere.

But, we'll be twittering (#grhack) and make a wiki page like we did
for the last one to record what we do and accomplish next week.

> Are there any plans to organize such events in southern/eastern parts
> preferably at UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, GAINESVILLE, FL.

That's a harder question. Not sure where or when we'll do this next.
But really glad for your interest!

Tom
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Jonathan Fox
<31fox@cardinalmail.cua.edu> wrote:
>> We're holding our next one this coming week at Virginia Tech. As part
>> When: Monday, June 3, 2013
>>
>> 10:40: Johnathan Corgan, Corgan Labs and co-maintainer of GNU Radio
>>
>> 11:40: Q & A
>>
>> Tom
>>

> Is there any interest in holding a Hackfest in the Washington DC area
> in the next year or two? There are a few universities with engineering
> schools in the area, with University of Maryland as the top one and I
> don't see why their engineering school would turn this down. Just an
> idea from a DC area local.

We definitely have many friends in the DC area, and a hackfest is not
out of the question.

More likely in the future plans would be to host a GRCon in the DC
area, possibly next year. We'll have a day-long hackfest associated
with the conference like we did last time and like we're planning for
GRCon13 (details of that to come soon!).

Tom
Existing account

No account? Register here.