Forum: Inkscape Wanted: Corel-DRAW-like envelope that does not deform the upper and lower borders

Ac125fe03b42874a2d82175f16f5b8e3?d=identicon&s=25 Shlomi Fish (Guest)
Hi all,

I am trying to reproduce this effect -
http://www.shlomifish.org/art/bk2hp/-
that I originally did in Corel-DRAW using Inkscape. Now, for that I used
an
envelope effect that construed the text like so:

-----------------------
\                     |
 \                    |
  |                   |
 /                    |
/                     |
-----------------------

And later on applied perspective. However, when I attempt to do it using
Inkscape, I get some deformation/mutation at the top and bottom like so
-
http://imgur.com/SdUWXA6 and don't want that.

I've been considering to implement my own transformation on the points
of
the
path using this equation -
https://github.com/shlomif/Shlomi-Fish-Back-to-my-...,

but I hope to avoid it. Can anyone give me any leads?

Regards,

    Shlomi Fish

--
C53fc1a55a7e1d09adda245cf20e9ff0?d=identicon&s=25 Terry Brown (Guest)
On Tue, 28 May 2013 19:41:55 +0300
Shlomi Fish <shlomif@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi Shlomi - I see you message on the list 3 times now - maybe you're
not seeing it.  Anyway, it's getting through.  Also I looked at your
issue and saw the same unexpected distortions you're reporting.  I
don't have any idea what to do about it.

Cheers -Terry
F91fc0a43611147f2a559db40bda9083?d=identicon&s=25 Shlomi Fish (Guest)
Hi Terry,

On Tue, 28 May 2013 13:09:37 -0500
Terry Brown <terry_n_brown@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 May 2013 19:41:55 +0300
> Shlomi Fish <shlomif@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi Shlomi - I see you message on the list 3 times now - maybe you're
> not seeing it.

Yes, it took my first copy a long time to arrive to the list, so I
suspected it
did not get through.

> Anyway, it's getting through.  Also I looked at your
> issue and saw the same unexpected distortions you're reporting.  I
> don't have any idea what to do about it.

Thanks anyway!

Regards,

  Shlomi Fish

> > path using this equation -

https://github.com/shlomif/Shlomi-Fish-Back-to-my-...,

> > but I hope to avoid it. Can anyone give me any leads?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >     Shlomi Fish

.
Existing account