Forum: NGINX NGINX SE vs. Open Source

2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 JackB (Guest)
Hello,

on your Site (http://nginx.com/products.html) you are comparing NGINX SE
with the Open Source version. The table states "Basic" and "Enhanced" on
many core features of NGINX. The SE/"Enhanced" column offers additional
information by hovering with the mouse over the rows. Those additional
information are listing well known features from the Open Source
version.
Since there is no detailed comparison (and _NO HOVER_ on the "Basic"
column), can you clarify:

- what exactly the differences are on the listed features?
- will currently offered features of the Open Source version be moved to
the
SE version? (means: removed from the Open Source version)
- will there be a documentation of how SE features work and what they
offer?

Thanks.

Posted at Nginx Forum:
01d109477433f1725357f49c29267615?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Alexeev (Guest)
Hi JackB,

On May 22, 2013, at 1:38 PM, JackB <nginx-forum@nginx.us> wrote:

> - what exactly the differences are on the listed features?
There are certain enhancements over load balancing, monitoring and
configuration, as well as additional media streaming related
capabilities in
the commercial subscription. This product is still pending public
announcement and the list of features is subject to change.

You right with the web site, though. The .com web site still requires a
lot
of work and will be improved in the short term.

> - will currently offered features of the Open Source version be moved to the
> SE version? (means: removed from the Open Source version)

No, that's not an option, and there're no such plans.

Everything that's currently in the OSS version of nginx will remain as
OSS,
licensed under the 2-clause BSD-like license.

Moreover, we keep fixing a lot of things in the OSS nginx (check the
CHANGES),
as well as  adding new (and big) features like OCSP Stapling, WebSocket
or
SPDY to the OSS nginx.

Like it was said before several times (and I'd like to reiterate it once
again),
we at Nginx, Inc. are fully dedicated to introduce major improvements
to the OSS nginx, and that's what we do.

Our public roadmap is accessible on http://trac.nginx.org.

> - will there be a documentation of how SE features work and what they
> offer?

Documentation is currently available as part of our commercial
subscription.

Hope this helps.
Existing account

No account? Register here.