Forum: Inkscape Granularity along inch rulers.

8b3c344f0adba6016612e05447039f44?d=identicon&s=25 john Culleton (Guest)
I am working on a book about covers using the Perfect Cover Generator.
This works in inches. I need to tell how to draw some additional guides
at distances of 0.25 inch from the generated guides marking the spine.
However the rulers along the sides only measure in inches with 1/4 inch
tick marks. I need at a minimum 1/8 inch marks to approximate the
correct positioning.

How can I refine the rulers to show these 1/8 inch subdivisions? I can
draw my own ruler along a path or convert temporarily to pixels and
count off 18 pixels but either of these techniques  seem a bit
clumsy.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press
john Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> clumsy.

As the other person stated (I lost his reply) If you zoom in far enough
eventually 1/8 ticks appear. They are tiny so I missed them. Further
zooming will not refine past the 1/8 divisions. But 1/8 is fine enough.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press
Free list of books for self-publishers: