Forum: Ruby on Rails values are being stored as null in mysql d/b

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
563dfbbd7385103f723ed478b98ba828?d=identicon&s=25 ank k. (ank_k)
on 2013-05-10 06:40
hi!! i am building a form in ROR but all the values are being stored as
null in mysql d/b.


my controller code:

class UsersController < ApplicationController


  def home
  render :layout => false
  end

  def index
  end

  def new

  @user = User.new
  @users = User.find(:all)
 render :layout => false
  end

  def edit
  end

  def show
  end

  def update
  end

  def destroy
  end

  def create

@user = User.new(params[:user])

 if @user.save
  render :text =>'saved'
else
  render 'home'
end
  end


def login
  render :layout => false
end

end




my view code.

<%= form_for @user do |f| %>

user_name: <%= f.text_field :user_name %></br>
user_fname: <%= f.text_field :user_fname %></br>
user_name: <%= f.text_field :user_lname %></br>
<%= f.submit %></br>

<% end %>


<% @users.each do |u| %>
  <%= u %>
<% end %>

could someone please help me with this issue. the values are stored in
d/b but as null.

Thanks in Advance. :)
5f94b9b346c2aa648a80bc259978e5bc?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Law (Guest)
on 2013-05-10 08:49
(Received via mailing list)
On 10 May 2013 05:40, ank k. <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> hi!! i am building a form in ROR but all the values are being stored as
> null in mysql d/b.

How are you getting on with working through railstutorial.org (or
similar)?

Colin
563dfbbd7385103f723ed478b98ba828?d=identicon&s=25 ank k. (ank_k)
on 2013-05-10 08:53
Colin Law wrote in post #1108486:
> On 10 May 2013 05:40, ank k. <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> hi!! i am building a form in ROR but all the values are being stored as
>> null in mysql d/b.
>
> How are you getting on with working through railstutorial.org (or
> similar)?
>
> Colin

Its a great website for any ROR beginners... Thanks :)

would you please resolve the issue which i am having..
5f94b9b346c2aa648a80bc259978e5bc?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Law (Guest)
on 2013-05-10 10:54
(Received via mailing list)
On 10 May 2013 07:53, ank k. <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Its a great website for any ROR beginners... Thanks :)
>
> would you please resolve the issue which i am having..

Do you mean that you are not a beginner and therefore do not need to
work through the tutorial?  If you are not a beginner I would have
thought that you would know to look in development.log to find whether
it is the form or the controller/model that is causing the problem and
to see the query being run, and also would have read the Rails Guide
on Debugging and would know about pry and other tools that can help
you find the problem.

Colin
6883e5ef03484d4fcef507d7b4f1d243?d=identicon&s=25 Matt Jones (Guest)
on 2013-05-13 01:04
(Received via mailing list)
On Friday, 10 May 2013 00:40:36 UTC-4, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:
> user_name: <%= f.text_field :user_lname %></br>
> <%= f.submit %></br>
>
> <% end %>
>
>
Can you verify the schema of your users table? The form written here
implies that it has columns named "user_name", "user_fname", and
"user_lname". Is this correct?

--Matt Jones
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.