Forum: Inkscape Base layer color.

8b3c344f0adba6016612e05447039f44?d=identicon&s=25 john Culleton (Guest)
Quick question: Is the base layer of a new Inkscape document by
default white or by default transparent?

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press
Am 2013-04-25 15:30, schrieb john Culleton:
> Quick question: Is the base layer of a new Inkscape document by
> default white or by default transparent?

By default it's transparent, and if I recall correctly, even if you set
a background color in Document Properties, that won't show in other SVG
viewers. To reliably have a white background, draw a white rectangle
covering the entire page and move it to the bottom.
8b3c344f0adba6016612e05447039f44?d=identicon&s=25 john Culleton (Guest)
On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 15:34:09 +0200
darkweasel <darkweasel@euirc.eu> wrote:

> Am 2013-04-25 15:30, schrieb john Culleton:
> > Quick question: Is the base layer of a new Inkscape document by
> > default white or by default transparent?
> >

> By default it's transparent, and if I recall correctly, even if you
> set a background color in Document Properties, that won't show in
> other SVG viewers. To reliably have a white background, draw a white
> rectangle covering the entire page and move it to the bottom.

-

Thanks, that is what I thought.

John Culleton
Wexford Press