Forum: Inkscape Web design using Inkscape.

8b3c344f0adba6016612e05447039f44?d=identicon&s=25 john Culleton (Guest)
I bought the book "Inkscape 0.48 Essentials for Web Designers."
Unfortunately the boook is light on worked examples. Does anyone
here care to post the url of a site using Inkscape, either for
main pages or for embedded svg images in an html page?
Incidentally Chapter 23 of Tavmong Bah's manual has more useful
infomration on this subject then the entire book that I bought,
referenced in the first sentence. Live and learn.

FYI my first baby steps toward such a site are at
http://webdesign.wexfordpress.net

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press

[Please reply to the list or all recipients.]

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:49:39 -0400
john Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> I bought the book "Inkscape 0.48 Essentials for Web Designers."
> Unfortunately the boook is light on worked examples. Does anyone
> here care to post the url of a site using Inkscape, either for
> main pages or for embedded svg images in an html page?
> Incidentally Chapter 23 of Tavmong Bah's manual has more useful
> infomration on this subject then the entire book that I bought,
> referenced in the first sentence. Live and learn.

I have quite a few images done using Inkscape here:

http://www.shlomifish.org/

The sources for the site are on
http://www.shlomifish.org/meta/site-source/ .

Some pages with Inkscape images:

* http://www.shlomifish.org/art/

* http://www.shlomifish.org/MathVentures/bugs-in-squ...

* http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/TheEnemy/

* http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/human-hacking/

Note that I usually convert these images to .pngs or .jpegs or whatever
as
some browsers have a problem displaying SVGs and fonts can be a large
problem.

> FYI my first baby steps toward such a site are at
> http://webdesign.wexfordpress.net

Regards,

  Shlomi Fish

My Public Domain Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/shlomif/

The bad thing about hardware is that it sometimes works and it sometimes
doesn’t. The good thing about software is that it’s consistent: it
always
does not work, and it always does not work in exactly the same way.

.
Existing account

No account? Register here.