Forum: Inkscape Is there any way to see in real time the rendered text?

8f6337c8c7a1cf04dab80ae3a8c40150?d=identicon&s=25 Javier Garcia (Guest)

I mean, I have a selected text, I would like to see the effect of the
different fonts of the list that there is in the upper left corner going
down in the list one by one with the cursor, instead of clicking on them
to see the result.

Do you understand me?? :)

Javi

0.48
57caf4231f0a1fb65e5ff67aba784542?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Tooley (Guest)
On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 20:58:03 +0200
Javier Garcia <tirengarfio@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I mean, I have a selected text, I would like to see the effect of the
> different fonts of the list that there is in the upper left corner going
> down in the list one by one with the cursor, instead of clicking on them
> to see the result.

The font selection tool will let you do that - the large uppercase T
icon on the row of icons across the top, between edit colors and view
layers.  Or Shift-Control-T.

Select you piece of text, open that tool, click on the top font in the
list, then Down-Arrow will cycle through the fonts quickly, using your
selected text as an example.

Cheers -Terry
57caf4231f0a1fb65e5ff67aba784542?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Tooley (Guest)
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Terry Brown <terry_n_brown@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> The font selection tool will let you do that - the large uppercase T
> icon on the row of icons across the top, between edit colors and view
> layers.  Or Shift-Control-T.
>
> Select you piece of text, open that tool, click on the top font in the
> list, then Down-Arrow will cycle through the fonts quickly, using your
> selected text as an example.
>
> Cheers -Terry

Sheesh I completely forgot about that! Good call!
On 04/08/2013 10:26 PM, Terry Brown wrote:
> The font selection tool will let you do that - the large uppercase T
> icon on the row of icons across the top, between edit colors and view
> layers.  Or Shift-Control-T.
>
> Select you piece of text, open that tool, click on the top font in the
> list, then Down-Arrow will cycle through the fonts quickly, using your
> selected text as an example.

Thanks Terry!, anyway I would prefer to see the resultant text inside
the context in its real place, don't you?

Javi
C53fc1a55a7e1d09adda245cf20e9ff0?d=identicon&s=25 Terry Brown (Guest)
On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 23:13:17 +0200
Javier Garcia <tirengarfio@gmail.com> wrote:

> the context in its real place, don't you?
For me the mouse wheel will cycle the font of the selected on canvas
text if the pointer is first clicked on the main UI font list in top
left, and then kept over that box, I'm using Xfce/Ubuntu, other window
managers may differ.  Arrow keys don't cycle the list though.

Cheers -Terry
On 04/08/2013 11:48 PM, Terry Brown wrote:
> For me the mouse wheel will cycle the font of the selected on canvas
> text if the pointer is first clicked on the main UI font list in top
> left, and then kept over that box, I'm using Xfce/Ubuntu, other window
> managers may differ.  Arrow keys don't cycle the list though.
Ok, thanks, that is nice too! Anyway, I would prefer to scroll the font
types using just the arrow key. I feel more comfortable with the key
instead of mouse wheel..:)

Javi
Existing account

No account? Register here.