Forum: GNU Radio Adding a custom modulation

Dba878589e1e1559f610fa440fe16f7a?d=identicon&s=25 "连非儿" <felian46@live.cn> (Guest)
Hi.

I am testing my custom modulation scheme ppm.py. I followed this post
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio...
to register this modulation into mods/demods. I added a line

import ppm

in my benchmark_tx.py.

I also tried placing the ppm.py file in blks2impl directory. However
neither method worked. The result from "print
digital.modulation_utils.type_1_mods()" did not contain ppm.

Another issue is that I modified digital_constellation.cc, and I called
functions in the modified digital_constellation.cc in my ppm.py. In this
case should I rebuild gnuradio? If not, what should I do?

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Fei
1d9c530e75454f13defd67b146ccf374?d=identicon&s=25 Nathan West (Guest)
On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Ƕ <felian46@live.cn> wrote:

> functions in the modified digital_constellation.cc in my ppm.py. In this
>
> Hi Fei,

The issue is that in the directory benchmark scripts are in isn't aware
of
your ppm file. You have a few options that you can explore by searching
around for python import path or search path. and doing some reading.
You
can take a look in gr-digital/python/__init__.py to see how the other
mod/demods are imported. Adding a line in that file "from ppm import *"
should make your ppm stuff show up in Python after rebuilding gnuradio.

And yes, you should rebuild gnuradio. Any time you change C++ source
code
you must rebuild it.

-Nathan
Dba878589e1e1559f610fa440fe16f7a?d=identicon&s=25 LianFeier (Guest)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 22:00:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Adding a custom modulation
From: nathan.west@okstate.edu
To: felian46@live.cn
CC: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org

[...]

Hi Nathan,
Thanks for your reply.  I'll give it a try.
Fei
Dba878589e1e1559f610fa440fe16f7a?d=identicon&s=25 LianFeier (Guest)

> in my benchmark_tx.py.
>

> -Nathan

Hi Nathan,

I've made my ppm a usable module in digital after rebuild.  Thanks for
your help!

Fei
Existing account

No account? Register here.