Forum: Ruby How to distribute my ruby script

0faae51834740c2142efb5af4b8d8175?d=identicon&s=25 Rochit Sen (rochitsen)
on 2013-03-24 17:37
Hi All,

I am new to Ruby. I have created a new script that requires couple of
gems to work. Now how do i make an executable of my script to make sure
that:
The script runs on a machine where no Ruby is installed and no gems are
there.

I would appreciate if someone could describe the flow as to how to
achieve this. I have looked over the internet and found ocra as one
option to create executable. But what about the gems? how would script
executable run?

If there is a clear web link that i can follow or an example in reply,
that would be great.

Thanks.
39093dd2b68b68960fecd0fe2b9a5045?d=identicon&s=25 Bartosz Dziewoński (matmarex)
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:37:19 +0100, Rochit Sen <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

> I would appreciate if someone could describe the flow as to how to
> achieve this. I have looked over the internet and found ocra as one
> option to create executable. But what about the gems? how would script
> executable run?

So have you actually tried Ocra? It'll package the gems as well.
Dd7ad0ffa672547c488ae29bb0c62b32?d=identicon&s=25 Thai Wood (elevatedintel)
on 2013-03-25 00:22
Rochit Sen wrote in post #1103019:
> If there is a clear web link that i can follow or an example in reply,
> that would be great.

Here are a couple of resources to get you started:
http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/
http://rubini.us/2011/03/17/running-ruby-with-no-ruby/
Existing account

No account? Register here.