Forum: Ruby on Rails Help me about Paperclip

42ff7708b347154c93e2f2d865d9f18e?d=identicon&s=25 haxuan lac (haxuanlac)
on 2013-03-10 12:29
I want to upload,dowload image in RoR and i know Paperclip can help me
it.But i can't setup Paperlist in Win dow to run application.This is
link i am learning
http://codeabout.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/gem-pape...
you help me...Thanks
5f94b9b346c2aa648a80bc259978e5bc?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Law (Guest)
on 2013-03-10 13:11
(Received via mailing list)
On 10 March 2013 11:29, haxuan lac <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I want to upload,dowload image in RoR and i know Paperclip can help me
> it.But i can't setup Paperlist in Win dow to run application.This is
> link i am learning
>
http://codeabout.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/gem-pape...
> you help me...Thanks

Most Rails developers use Linux (eg Ubuntu) or Mac, so you may not
find it easy to get help with windows.  However googling for
rails paperclip windows
does give a number of hits which may help you.

My advice, however, would be to switch to Ubuntu.   This can either be
done in a virtual machine inside windows (using vmware for example) or
you can install Ubuntu so that you can dual boot for Win or Ubuntu.
Don't use Wubi however, I have not found it reliable.

Then in Ubuntu use rvm or rbenv to install ruby and rails.

Colin
42ff7708b347154c93e2f2d865d9f18e?d=identicon&s=25 haxuan lac (haxuanlac)
on 2013-03-11 02:27
Thanks Colin.
i will try to with Virtual Machine.i'm a newbie about RoR so i want have
more instruction from you.Thanks.
42ff7708b347154c93e2f2d865d9f18e?d=identicon&s=25 haxuan lac (haxuanlac)
on 2013-03-11 04:23
Could you explain for me why Wubi is not Reliable?Thanks..
5f94b9b346c2aa648a80bc259978e5bc?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Law (Guest)
on 2013-03-11 10:11
(Received via mailing list)
On 11 March 2013 01:27, haxuan lac <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Thanks Colin.
> i will try to with Virtual Machine.i'm a newbie about RoR so i want have
> more instruction from you.Thanks.

Please quote the previous message and insert your reply at appropriate
points.  This is a mailing list not a forum (though you may be
accessing it through a forum-like interface).  Therefore it is
important that each post contains sufficient information that the
thread can be followed.  Thanks.

My advice to beginners is always to first work right through a good
tutorial such as railstutorial.org, which is free to use online.

Colin
5f94b9b346c2aa648a80bc259978e5bc?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Law (Guest)
on 2013-03-11 10:11
(Received via mailing list)
On 11 March 2013 03:23, haxuan lac <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Could you explain for me why Wubi is not Reliable?Thanks..

My experience has been that it is ok for trying out Ubuntu but is not
sufficiently reliable to be used as a working system.

Colin
42ff7708b347154c93e2f2d865d9f18e?d=identicon&s=25 haxuan lac (haxuanlac)
on 2013-03-11 10:35
Thanks Colin. Could you tell me about some System can use?
5f94b9b346c2aa648a80bc259978e5bc?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Law (Guest)
on 2013-03-11 11:11
(Received via mailing list)
On 11 March 2013 09:35, haxuan lac <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Thanks Colin. Could you tell me about some System can use?

You have not quoted the previous message, as I asked.

I think I suggested ways of doing this in my first post, as below

>> My advice, however, would be to switch to Ubuntu.   This can either be
>> done in a virtual machine inside windows (using vmware for example) or
>> you can install Ubuntu so that you can dual boot for Win or Ubuntu.
>> Don't use Wubi however, I have not found it reliable.
>>
>> Then in Ubuntu use rvm or rbenv to install ruby and rails.

Colin
42ff7708b347154c93e2f2d865d9f18e?d=identicon&s=25 haxuan lac (haxuanlac)
on 2013-03-12 07:28
Thanks Colin.I understood what you said.i have done upload and dowload
image with paperclip ,i hope you will help me about RoR.Thanks
Please log in before posting. Registration is free and takes only a minute.
Existing account

NEW: Do you have a Google/GoogleMail, Yahoo or Facebook account? No registration required!
Log in with Google account | Log in with Yahoo account | Log in with Facebook account
No account? Register here.