Forum: Ruby ohmygems 1.1.0 Released

ohmygems version 1.1.0 has been released!

* rdoc: <http://docs.seattlerb.org/ohmygems>
* home: <https://github.com/seattlerb/ohmygems>

I'm tired of the complications that tools like bundler and rvm inject
into my system and my workflow. I don't want 4 billion gems installed
globally. I don't want to have `rake` slow down for no good reason. I
don't want rvm to regress on undefined variables over and over and
over (and I don't want to report it anymore when it does). I want as
much simplicity as I can afford and still be able to get my job done.

I've found pretty good balance using rbenv (only when needed) and by
using this 45 line shell function `ohmygems` (aliased to `omg`, of
course).

I still have my system-level gems as my previous GEM_HOME gets moved
into GEM_PATH so things like minitest and autotest are always
available. But now I have private gems that are incredibly easy to
switch around and only rely on simple environment variables to manage.

To go back to normal, simply run `omg reset`.

Changes:

### 1.1.0 / 2013-02-24

* 3 minor enhancements

  * Added usage w/ clean listing of known repos.
  * Added omg alias.
  * Delay creation of ORIG_* vars until ohmygems is used.
85991f138ede6236f35eb98da22b7b01?d=identicon&s=25 Marvin Gülker (quintus)
Am Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:51:13 +0900
schrieb Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby@zenspider.com>:

> ohmygems version 1.1.0 has been released!
>
> * home: <https://github.com/seattlerb/ohmygems>

Is this repository private? I get a 404 accessing the page (and no,
it’s not the trailing >).

Vale,
Marvin
On Feb 24, 2013, at 3:46, Quintus <quintus@quintilianus.eu> wrote:

> Am Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:51:13 +0900
> schrieb Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby@zenspider.com>:
>
>> ohmygems version 1.1.0 has been released!
>>
>> * home: <https://github.com/seattlerb/ohmygems>
>
> Is this repository private? I get a 404 accessing the page (and no,
> it’s not the trailing >)

Fixed. My github sync script needed to be told about the project.
Existing account

No account? Register here.