Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Gtk Notebook size problem

Ff312ec21b0fd1d07c8708e29df7d242?d=identicon&s=25 Ebru Akagunduz (ebruakagunduz)
on 2013-02-16 21:07
Hi, i am doing a gtk application. I use notebook. If i enlarge my
window, it is like this.  http://screencloud.net/v/6hLm
 Why? How can i ensure right shape?
3396e4a3df8a840faec520af8555a400?d=identicon&s=25 Mario Steele (Guest)
Hello Ebru,

It looks like you have your VBox Sizer not setup to take the full size
of
the window, which will cause this behavior as you are seeing.  The
easiest
way to ensure that all sizers are properly sizing to the size of the
screen, is to ensure that whenever you add something to a sizer, you
specify the attributes in which to size the child window, as such.

Programmatic way:

Gtk::HBox#pack_start(child, expand = true, fill = true, padding = 0)
Gtk::VBox#pack_start(child, expand = true, fill = true, padding = 0)

Expand, when true, will ensure that no matter the size of the child
widget,
the container will expand from border to border, allowing the maximum
size
available for children widgets.

Fill, when true, will ensure that no matter the size of the container,
the
child will use all available space in the container for itself.

Padding will give you x amount of pixel spaces between the border of the
container, and the border of the child widget that is being added to the
Box.

Glade GUI Designer way:

When you select a child widget, Click on the Packing Tab, and check true
or
false for the Expand and Fill options.  You may also have to select a
different sizer to adjust a parent sizer, that has a child sizer in it.
select a parent sizer of a child sizer, right click on the control, and
you
should get the option to select the parent sizer from the context menu.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Ebru Akagunduz <
ruby-forum-incoming@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> is your hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly
> thought
> leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials, tech docs,
> whitepapers, evaluation guides, and opinion stories. Check out the most
> recent posts - join the conversation now.
> http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

Mario Steele
Fleet Captain
CO - Geo 99
CO - USS T'hy'la
XO - Diplomatic Corps - Second Life
http://www.iftcommand.com/chapters/thyla/
http://www.trekfederation.com
Ff312ec21b0fd1d07c8708e29df7d242?d=identicon&s=25 Ebru Akagunduz (ebruakagunduz)
on 2013-02-17 00:51
You are right, i had forgot expand. Thank you for help.
3396e4a3df8a840faec520af8555a400?d=identicon&s=25 Mario Steele (Guest)
Not a problem Ebru. ;-)

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Ebru Akagunduz <
ruby-forum-incoming@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials, tech docs,
> whitepapers, evaluation guides, and opinion stories. Check out the most
> recent posts - join the conversation now.
> http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

Mario Steele
Fleet Captain
CO - Geo 99