Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 No such file or directory -- main.rb (LoadError)

81dcb2f6f10ccfbd330ed2e6b4a03177?d=identicon&s=25 Abhirama Sundram (abhiram)
on 2013-02-03 07:52

I have installed visual ruby in windows7. It got installed properly. But
when i start the application, 'visual ruby project root' opens but no
folders are displayed there, so i chose select folder and selected a
example project and clicked open. Now the visual ruby application got
opened and the list of example projects got displayed in the left pan.
If i select any of the project and click run am getting the following

C:/Users/abhiram/visualruby/examples$ ruby main.rb
ruby: No such file or directory -- main.rb (LoadError)

I dono how to fix it. Could any one help me out of this.
3396e4a3df8a840faec520af8555a400?d=identicon&s=25 Mario Steele (Guest)
Hello Abhirama,

You need to select a specific example in order to run it, from what you
show above, it attempts to run main.rb from the examples folder, which
isn't a specific VisualRuby project, it's just a folder that contains

It's a bit confusing the first time you attempt to create a project, or
open a project, without specifically knowing how to do it.  If you
the files: main.rb, bin, and .vr_settings.yaml, from the examples folder
with VisualRuby closed, then attempt to Open VisualRuby again, the
Selection Dialog should now populate with the Example Projects in it.

I am currently working on a new version of VisualRuby IDE, to help
that this works in a more familiar manner to other IDE's, like Visual
Studio, or MonoDevelop.  If you have any further questions, please feel
free to let us know.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Abhirama Sundram <> wrote:

> C:/Users/abhiram/visualruby/examples$ ruby main.rb

Mario Steele
Fleet Captain
CO - Geo 99
CO - USS T'hy'la
XO - Diplomatic Corps - Second Life
81dcb2f6f10ccfbd330ed2e6b4a03177?d=identicon&s=25 Abhirama Sundram (abhiram)
on 2013-02-05 04:05
Thanks alot for your reply mario. Now it is working. Actualy now i went
inside the project folder opened bin, now the project is getting opened.
Before this the problem was, when i tried to open a project by clicking
the exact project folder the example folder was opened with all of the
project in it.

The thing is when i try to open any of the folder, the parent folder is
getting opened that was the problem i think.

Again thanks for spending your time.

Existing account

No account? Register here.