Forum: Ruby on Rails How to start working on reby on rails

B9ca440f3ba80bd5649494ed67ca5673?d=identicon&s=25 Venkat Vejandla (venkey81185)
on 2013-01-28 10:50
Hello Friends,

I am new to Ruby on Rails  actually i am .net developer, i installed
 rails frame work  and Aptana Studio3 in my system, i am not getting
Idea
 how to start working on ruby on rails , please help me , how to start
 working on ruby on rails, if any one have sample project  that helps me
 a lot.

Thanks in Advance
V.Venkat
On 28 January 2013 09:50, Venkat Ve <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> I am new to Ruby on Rails  actually i am .net developer, i installed
>  rails frame work  and Aptana Studio3 in my system, i am not getting
> Idea
>  how to start working on ruby on rails , please help me , how to start
>  working on ruby on rails, if any one have sample project  that helps me
>  a lot.

First use Linux (Ubuntu for example) or Mac.
Second follow a tutorial such as railstutorial.org which is free to use
online.
I recommend using rvm to install ruby and rails.

Colin
Existing account

No account? Register here.