Forum: Ruby on Rails Usage of ram for Sunspot Search engine

1d4d78bf072607d3522fe3ceae4b7a9e?d=identicon&s=25 keerthi priya (Guest)
Hi all,

I am using Sunspot Search Engine in my app. When I deployed my app in
production It it bit slower side.
My Server Details:

ram 256
Ubuntu 11.10

How can I check why my app is slow in production can any one help me out
solve this issue.

Cheers,
Kp
On 25 January 2013 06:21, keerthi priya <emailtokeerthipriya@gmail.com>
wrote:
> solve this issue.
Google for
profile rails

Colin
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com>
wrote:

>> I am using Sunspot Search Engine in my app. When I deployed my app in
>> production It it bit slower side.

>> ram 256

> profile rails

As Colin says, you need to look at your Rails app's performance
(NewRelic rpm is extremely helpful) but 256mb is very limited to
run a Rails app *and* a Java app server.

You need to look at how Solr is configured, what JVM is in use,
how much memory it's using, etc.

Good luck.
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan
> (NewRelic rpm is extremely helpful) but 256mb is very limited to
> run a Rails app *and* a Java app server.
>
> You need to look at how Solr is configured, what JVM is in use,
> how much memory it's using, etc.

Hassan is right, I had not noticed the ram value.  The first thing I
would do is put in a couple of GB at least.

Colin
1d4d78bf072607d3522fe3ceae4b7a9e?d=identicon&s=25 keerthi priya (Guest)
Thanks guys. but NewRelic is not free for production for development it
is
free. I have increased my ram to 1GB it is working good now.
Existing account

No account? Register here.