Forum: Ruby-core Haiku port problem

E0ffb3df640bdfc20a10ee433268cea4?d=identicon&s=25 Paulo Geyer (Guest)
I'm trying to port ruby 1.9.3-p347 to Haiku (http://www.haiku-os.org/)

did some changes, created an ifdef to include <libelf.h> if the system
is _HAIKU_, removed the ifdef that unset SIGBUS in signal.c

but when compiling, it fails because couldn't find enc/trans/che.trans

this file should be there? Looking in depend script, seems that it
could find that file, but it doesn't exist
F52e87b92cafb1e8c6d155076b56ecff?d=identicon&s=25 "Martin J. Dürst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp> (Guest)
On 2013/01/22 0:26, Paulo Geyer wrote:
> I'm trying to port ruby 1.9.3-p347 to Haiku (http://www.haiku-os.org/)
>
> did some changes, created an ifdef to include<libelf.h>  if the system
> is _HAIKU_, removed the ifdef that unset SIGBUS in signal.c
>
> but when compiling, it fails because couldn't find enc/trans/che.trans
>
> this file should be there? Looking in depend script, seems that it
> could find that file, but it doesn't exist

There is indeed no such file in the distribution. Please open a bug for
this, at http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/, and provide more data.

Regards,   Martin.
02da662c083396641da96c1d32fc86ed?d=identicon&s=25 KOSAKI Motohiro (Guest)
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Paulo Geyer <paulogeyer@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'm trying to port ruby 1.9.3-p347 to Haiku (http://www.haiku-os.org/)
>
> did some changes, created an ifdef to include <libelf.h> if the system
> is _HAIKU_, removed the ifdef that unset SIGBUS in signal.c
>
> but when compiling, it fails because couldn't find enc/trans/che.trans
>
> this file should be there? Looking in depend script, seems that it
> could find that file, but it doesn't exist

As far as I heard, current trunk works fine one Haiku. Please consider
to try 2.0. :)
E0ffb3df640bdfc20a10ee433268cea4?d=identicon&s=25 Paulo Geyer (Guest)
awesome! current trunk compiles in Haiku!

another problem, I can`t install gems that have native extensions like
sqlite3 and json via rubygems, a wrong parameter is passed to ld:
ld: unrecognized option `-Wl,-R/boot/common/lib`

after some search, I noticed that this may something related to the
lib/mkmf.rb generating wrong Makefile for Haiku, any tip on how to
solve that?
I'm reading it's source code, but couldn't figure out how to fix that
yet

thanks,

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM, KOSAKI Motohiro
F1d6cc2b735bfd82c8773172da2aeab9?d=identicon&s=25 Nobuyoshi Nakada (nobu)
(13/01/23 9:24), Paulo Geyer wrote:
> another problem, I can`t install gems that have native extensions like
> sqlite3 and json via rubygems, a wrong parameter is passed to ld:
> ld: unrecognized option `-Wl,-R/boot/common/lib`
>
> after some search, I noticed that this may something related to the
> lib/mkmf.rb generating wrong Makefile for Haiku, any tip on how to
> solve that?
> I'm reading it's source code, but couldn't figure out how to fix that yet

Please file a new issue ticket and show rbconfig.rb and Makefile.