Forum: Ruby on Rails Speeding up asset pre-compilation process

C7735276f1fc068a0a4e462354860ffa?d=identicon&s=25 venkata reddy (Guest)
My deployments are taking more time because of the asset
precompilation process. I am using capistrano.

I tried a couple of things to speed up this.

1) Overwriting the assets:precompile task, just to skip the
precompilation process if no assets have been changed from the last
time to this time.

2) Using turbo sprockts gem,
https://github.com/ndbroadbent/turbo-sprockets-rails3

Here is the reference
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9016002/speed-u...

The first one is working fine, but i want to with more standard way,
with the turbo sprockets gem.

I tested the gem in my local machine its giving an improvement of 1/3
of the total time. However i think it should perform better than that.
Most of my assets are coming from the the custom UI gem i use for the
application.

Does anyone tried that before? or could you suggest anything better
those two solutions?
52f3528c40e9cf28ad0900886eecb128?d=identicon&s=25 Jordon Bedwell (Guest)
On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 5:10 AM, venkata reddy
<venkatareddy.cs@gmail.com> wrote:
> My deployments are taking more time because of the asset
> precompilation process. I am using capistrano.
>
> I tried a couple of things to speed up this.
>
> 1) Overwriting the assets:precompile task, just to skip the
> precompilation process if no assets have been changed from the last
> time to this time.

Why would you waste your time on such a meaningless task? And I
literally mean meaningless.  If you are deploying more than once a day
and that deployment is disrupting your life, you've problems in your
development process, and if it's disrupting your life, you've problems
with your job.