Forum: Ruby on Rails Speeding up asset pre-compilation process

C7735276f1fc068a0a4e462354860ffa?d=identicon&s=25 venkata reddy (Guest)
My deployments are taking more time because of the asset
precompilation process. I am using capistrano.

I tried a couple of things to speed up this.

1) Overwriting the assets:precompile task, just to skip the
precompilation process if no assets have been changed from the last
time to this time.

2) Using turbo sprockts gem,
https://github.com/ndbroadbent/turbo-sprockets-rails3

Here is the reference
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9016002/speed-u...

The first one is working fine, but i want to with more standard way,
with the turbo sprockets gem.

I tested the gem in my local machine its giving an improvement of 1/3
of the total time. However i think it should perform better than that.
Most of my assets are coming from the the custom UI gem i use for the
application.

Does anyone tried that before? or could you suggest anything better
those two solutions?
52f3528c40e9cf28ad0900886eecb128?d=identicon&s=25 Jordon Bedwell (Guest)
On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 5:10 AM, venkata reddy
<venkatareddy.cs@gmail.com> wrote:
> My deployments are taking more time because of the asset
> precompilation process. I am using capistrano.
>
> I tried a couple of things to speed up this.
>
> 1) Overwriting the assets:precompile task, just to skip the
> precompilation process if no assets have been changed from the last
> time to this time.

Why would you waste your time on such a meaningless task? And I
literally mean meaningless.  If you are deploying more than once a day
and that deployment is disrupting your life, you've problems in your
development process, and if it's disrupting your life, you've problems
with your job.
Existing account

No account? Register here.