Forum: Ruby Problems with SelectList popups

A7f1aab90033dc99c57bfdfc1ab00bbe?d=identicon&s=25 Marco Antonio M. (marcoantonio_m)
on 2012-12-19 21:05
I am having some issues trying to test my application, there is a select
list that fires an event when any option is selected. The problem is
that when I code to select an option on this select list it keeps
waiting for something and gets stuck. I have tried a couple of solution
offered in the web but with no success, please help me out with this
issue.

Regards,
Marco
15000f55138ae94b0f362ed7c625461a?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Am 19.12.2012 21:05, schrieb Marco Antonio M.:
> I am having some issues trying to test my application, there is a select
> list that fires an event when any option is selected. The problem is
> that when I code to select an option on this select list it keeps
> waiting for something and gets stuck. I have tried a couple of solution
> offered in the web but with no success, please help me out with this
> issue.

You have to be much more specific.

I guess you are talking about a web app. Rails?
How exactly are you trying to test it?
A7f1aab90033dc99c57bfdfc1ab00bbe?d=identicon&s=25 Marco Antonio M. (marcoantonio_m)
on 2012-12-19 22:06
Hi thanks for your answer, well basically I am talking about a desktop
application that runs in IE7, I am using Ruby with Watir to test the
application. My test consist in configure my application for it I need
to choose an specific option in the select list in which there is an
even each time it is selected any option.
When I select an option (with watir) it makes to popup a window
(onchange event), after it is popupped watir is waiting for something to
happen and keeps waiting until timeout error.
for example:
 ie.frame("main2").select_list(:id,/select_name/).set /10X3/
 it fires an onchange event and it keeps waiting until it finishes but
it never finishes until you manually click on the OK button in the
popup.

I hope I explained it correctly, sorry my English is not good.

Regards,
Marco
Existing account

No account? Register here.