Forum: Ruby on Rails Track the number of users who are all visiting the web application

Ce47044a11f24447e118f412b01b992f?d=identicon&s=25 Maddy (Guest)
Hi All,
In my application i want to track the number of users who are all
visiting
the web application.
Is there any gem is available to track the number of users visiting the
web
application?

Please let me know how can i implement this feature.

Thanks
Ashok
3da82a61d5fbd74242cc6f671a5a32e4?d=identicon&s=25 "Nicolas Desprès" <nicolas.despres@gmail.com> (Guest)
Hi All,

I guess if I had to do it with Devise (
https://github.com/plataformatec/devise) I would check the
current_sign_in_at column of the users table.

Cheers,
Nico

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Maddy <ashokkumar@shriramits.com>

Nicolas Desprs

> In my application i want to track the number of users who are all visiting
> the web application.

What do you mean by "users"? Authenticated users with accounts?
Anonymous users? Is it important to distinguish between humans
and bots/spiders?

And what do you mean by "number"? Cumulative count over time?
Count per hour? per day? Active "users" at any given moment?

Being more specific about your goal will get you better responses :-)

http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan
Existing account

No account? Register here.