Forum: Typo Paperclip integration

Richard McGain (Guest)
Hi all,

First of all, great work on typo!

I have been using typo hosted on heroku for a few months now with only a
few issues, first and foremost of which is image uploads (which
obviously
don't survive a server restart).

I have been thinking about adding S3 functionality via the paperclip gem
solve this problem for myself. Would anyone else find this useful? If
so, I
would appreciate some tips on the best way to integrate this into typo
as a
plugin, or configuration option (or however you like this kind of thing
be done).

I assume the process for integrating would be via a pull request?

Thanks,

Richard
"Lars Tobias Skjong-Børsting" <> (Guest)
Hi Richard,

On 12/4/12 7:57 AM, Richard McGain wrote:

> I have been using typo hosted on heroku for a few months now with
> only a few issues, first and foremost of which is image uploads (which
> obviously don't survive a server restart).

Same issue here.

> I have been thinking about adding S3 functionality via the paperclip
> gem to solve this problem for myself. Would anyone else find this
> useful?

Yes, definitely. I talked to Frdric about this last year, and I
suggested using Fog. I didn't know about Paperclip, but it seems to be
easier to implement the functionality using it.

Paperclip requires ImageMagick and optionally Ghostscript, and Heroku
supports ImageMagick and Ghostscript.

--
Best regards, Lars Tobias
"Frédéric de Villamil" <> (Guest)

Typo 6.1.2 is now using Fog for file upload. Should wrk with S3 as well
then, but I didn't test it.

Have a nice day,
Fred

Le 20 janv. 2013  19:28, Lars Tobias Skjong-Brsting
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
a crit :