Forum: Mongrel cannot load such file -- 1.9/http11

194f729f4b145e88167e476a338b9572?d=identicon&s=25 Roelof Wobben (roelof)
Hello,

I have installed the mongrel 1.2.0-pre2 gem into my project.
But when I do rake db:test:prepare I see this output :

cannot load such file -- 1.9/http11

Anyone a idea how to solve this ?

Roelof
E7cff3cfd41c495e1012227d7dc24202?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Lavena (luislavena)
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Roelof Wobben <rwobben@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed the mongrel 1.2.0-pre2 gem into my project.
> But when I do rake db:test:prepare I see this output :

http://yourbugreportneedsmore.info/

You don't say what version of Ruby, Rails and OS are you using.

> cannot load such file -- 1.9/http11
>
> Anyone a idea how to solve this ?

While mongrel might work under Ruby 1.9, I'm not sure it will properly
work due the changes in threads. Not to mention newer versions of
Rails.

I personally you move a rack-based web server, like Puma:

http://puma.io/

Which uses the same parser from Mongrel and follows a similar philosofy.

Cheers,
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
194f729f4b145e88167e476a338b9572?d=identicon&s=25 Roelof Wobben (roelof)

> http://yourbugreportneedsmore.info/
>
> You don't say what version of Ruby, Rails and OS are you using.

I'm using on a Fedora Linux machine:

Ruby version : Ruby 1.9.3p286
Rails :  Rails 3.2.8

> I personally you move a rack-based web server, like Puma:
>
> http://puma.io/
>
> Which uses the same parser from Mongrel and follows a similar philosofy.

I will look into this. I'm using mongrel to test a website I make with
ruby on Rails.
So it must can work with localhost instead of a real url.

Roelof
194f729f4b145e88167e476a338b9572?d=identicon&s=25 Roelof Wobben (roelof)

> While mongrel might work under Ruby 1.9, I'm not sure it will properly
> work due the changes in threads. Not to mention newer versions of
> Rails.
>
> I personally you move a rack-based web server, like Puma:
>
> http://puma.io/
>
> Which uses the same parser from Mongrel and follows a similar philosofy.

One question : can Puma work together with Cucumber ?

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Roelof Wobben <rwobben@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> One question : can Puma work together with Cucumber ?

The two are completely unrelated. One is a web server while the other
is a testing/acceptance framework.

I presume you want to test with cucumber your application, right?

Cucumber will use Rack to connect to your application and test your
controllers/stuff.
(search the web if you don't know what is it)
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
wrote:

> I'm using on a Fedora Linux machine:
>
> Ruby version : Ruby 1.9.3p286
> Rails :  Rails 3.2.8

I will recommend you use puma.io then. Rails 3 is not properly
supported by Mongrel.

> I will look into this. I'm using mongrel to test a website I make with ruby
> on Rails.
> So it must can work with localhost instead of a real url.

All web servers work locally (listen/bind to local addresses), not
entirely sure if I follow your statement.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
194f729f4b145e88167e476a338b9572?d=identicon&s=25 Roelof Wobben (roelof)
> From: luislavena@gmail.com
> > Rails :  Rails 3.2.8
>
> All web servers work locally (listen/bind to local addresses), not
> entirely sure if I follow your statement.
> --
What I ment is for mongrel to start with capabary I had to insert this
into env.rb  Change Capybara server settingsAdd these lines to
features/support/env.rb:

Capybara.server_port = 3001Capybara.app_host =
"localhost:3001"Capybara.server do |app, port|  require
'rack/handler/mongrel'  Rack::Handler::Mongrel.run(app, :Port =>
port)endMust I do the same for puma? Roelof        > Luis Lavena