Forum: Ruby on Rails How to test recaptcha in localhost?

576908ab294e24dadb3303a6667b8776?d=identicon&s=25 fahim patel (fahim_patel)
Hi all,

I follow All the steps for recaptcha , but i am confused how to test on
my
local host.
Because when we register in google recaptcha it ask for domain URL, i
stuck
here.

Q  What should i enter in domain url ?

Hope that you all understand the problem.

Thanks

Regards
Fahim Babar Patel
52f3528c40e9cf28ad0900886eecb128?d=identicon&s=25 Jordon Bedwell (Guest)

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM, Fahim Patel <pafahim@gmail.com> wrote:
> I follow All the steps for recaptcha , but i am confused how to test on my
> local host.
> Q  What should i enter in domain url ?

Don't, mock the entire reCaptcha part
http://rubydoc.info/gems/rspec-mocks/frames
On Friday, November 2, 2012 11:33:13 AM UTC+5:30, Jordon Bedwell wrote:

> Don't, mock the entire reCaptcha part
> http://rubydoc.info/gems/rspec-mocks/frames

thanks for reply

You not got my issue.
I  want to test manually .
I follow this link for recaptcha.
http://www.rorexperts.com/implementing-captcha-in-...

Its a good page.i implement all the lines in development.

But when i enter a captcha value , user registration is failing.
So it is possible to run recaptcha on localhost or i have to deploy me
code
in production .

Hope now you understand the situation.

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Fahim Patel <pafahim@gmail.com> wrote:
> But when i enter a captcha value , user registration is failing.
> So it is possible to run recaptcha on localhost or i have to deploy me code
> in production .

My guess is it's most likely not reCaptcha that's failing but
something else, gem install pry-rails and add a binding.pry into the
method causing the issue and make sure it is, since reCaptcha works in
the browser via localhost by default (as per Google specs) I would
believe first that it's something else causing the issue.
On Friday, November 2, 2012 12:09:52 PM UTC+5:30, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> My guess is it's most likely not reCaptcha that's failing but
> something else, gem install pry-rails and add a binding.pry into the
> method causing the issue and make sure it is, since reCaptcha works in
> the browser via localhost by default (as per Google specs) I would
> believe first that it's something else causing the issue.

Hi,
I also read that recaptcha work on localhost.But my problem come when i
register a domain in recaptcha key generation form than what should i
enter
there ?

And with out key i can do any thing ?
Existing account