Forum: NGINX Windows Client downloads something from nginx for Windows is too slow

18cfda563dbe4ec8f743a98a15d7ebf3?d=identicon&s=25 Liang Suilong (Guest)
Hi, all.

I am a newbie. I am using nginx for Windows to host static big files. I
find out a strange problem. When Windows client downloads files from
nginx
for Windows server, the download rate is very very slow. The files are
bigger than 200MB.

Network: 100Mbps LAN

Server SIde: Windows XP 32bit, nginx for Windows, I test 1.0.15, 1.2.4
and
1.3.7. They are the same.

Windows Client Side: WIndows XP 32bit, Firefox, IE, Chrome and curl are
the
same. The download rate is not more than 300KB/s

Linux Client Side: Linux, Fedora 17 x86_64 and Ubuntu, Firefox and
Chrome
and curl are the same. The download rate are more than 8MB/s. Almost
10MB/s.

The same network 100Mbps LAN

Server Side: Fedora 17 x86_64, nginx 1.0.15

Windows Client Side: WIndows XP 32bit, Firefox, IE, Chrome and curl are
the
same. The download rate is more than 8MB/s. Almost 10MB/s

Linux Client Side: Linux, Fedora 17 x86_64 and Ubuntu, Firefox and
Chrome
and curl are the same. The download rate are more than 8MB/s. Almost
10MB/s.

It looks quite strange. I just use the default configure file for nginx
and
put the files into nginx root directory. I do not change anything. I
checked HTTP Header. I try to change Firefox user-agent on Windows to
Linux
edition. It could not change download rate, still very very slow.  I try
use Apache on Windows to host the files. The download rate is normal,
about
8~10MB/s.

How could I debug the problem? Which logs and configure files should I
provide? If you have some good advices, Please tell me soon.

Thank you

Liang Suilong

Sent From My Heart
My Page: http:// <http://www.liangsuilong.info>www.liangsuilong.info
639ad3583a96300d2212b91da67c8d41?d=identicon&s=25 Sharl Jimh Tsin (Guest)
18cfda563dbe4ec8f743a98a15d7ebf3?d=identicon&s=25 Liang Suilong (Guest)
On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Sharl Jimh Tsin
<amoiz.shine@gmail.com>wrote:

> > 8MB/s. Almost 10MB/s.
> > 8MB/s. Almost 10MB/s.
> > soon.

> sounds impossible,is it caused by client configuration?

Thank you, Sharl

I think the problem should be impossible, however it is exactly existed.
test nginx for Windows on Windows Server 2008, and the client side is
Windows 7. In the same 100Mbps LAN network environment, the download
rate
seems to have a little improvement, about 400KB/s. It is still very
slow.

I tried to reinstall new Windows. There is no change on nginx for
Windows.

- --
1266aa99d1601b47bbd3ec22affbb81c?d=identicon&s=25 B.R. (Guest)
I guess the problem come from buffers.
For big files, using asynchronous serving is recommended.

Take a look at:
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#aio
http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule#aio
---
*B. R.*
D0a98f6304ff122ac9b487ff8275d8bb?d=identicon&s=25 Payam Chychi (Guest)
have you tried looking at the network layer using tcpdump/wireshark to
see the connection properties? such as mtu, fragment packets, window
size

-Payam

Sent from my iPhone
18cfda563dbe4ec8f743a98a15d7ebf3?d=identicon&s=25 Liang Suilong (Guest)
Thank you, B.R.

I add output_buffers 1 128k option into nginx.conf. It has a great
improvement. The download rate raise from 400KB/s to 4~5MB/s.

I think the problem may affect all version nginx on Windows. Should it
add
output_buffer option into nginx.conf by default?

Sent From My Heart
My Page: http://www.liangsuilong.info
1266aa99d1601b47bbd3ec22affbb81c?d=identicon&s=25 B.R. (Guest)
You needed specific configuration for your specific usage with specific
requirements.
Why should that become the default?

Keep it light and clean for the most common usage: serving lightweight
files, as every standard web page should be.
---
*B. R.*
Existing account

No account? Register here.