Forum: GNU Radio Proposed revision of EU radio directive

8f4e103c57b7e2b1c25807353c946c17?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Burr (Guest)
List members in the EU may find this of interest:

The EC is proposing a new revision of the R&TTE directive, which governs
radio devices. In particular,

> The proposal would also introduce some specific requirements, such as:
> * ensuring that software can only be used with radio equipment after the
compliance of that
>  particular combination of software and the radio equipment has been
>  demonstrated;

On the other hand, it also says:

> Verification by radio equipment of the compliance of its combination with
software
> should not be abused in order to prevent its use with software provided by
independent
> parties.

Their press release:
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-12-1109_en.htm