Forum: GNU Radio VOLK for outer product of two vectors?

2dc1bd62e0e8db26726b5b28cdd9a2e2?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Zhang (Guest)

I looked at the VOLK to find if there are existing method to calculate
the
outer product of two vectors, but found nothing about it.
If no, I have to write a SIMD based outer product method by myself.

Alex,
*Dreams can come true  just believe.*
2dc1bd62e0e8db26726b5b28cdd9a2e2?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Zhang (Guest)
resend.
On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Alex Zhang <cingular.alex@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Dreams can come true  just believe.
Alex,
I don't believe there is a VOLK kernel that does that. But this is why
VOLK is designed to be extensible for when you need to write your own.

If you do come up with a new outer product kernel, please consider
giving it back to the VOLK product.

Thanks,
Tom
2dc1bd62e0e8db26726b5b28cdd9a2e2?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Zhang (Guest)
Hi Tom,

My current solution, due to my limited developing time,  is to reuse
the volk_32fc_x2_multiply_conjugate_32fc_a to compute the outer product,
instead of writing a separate outer product method.  It works well.

--

Alex,
*Dreams can come true  just believe.*
Existing account