Forum: NGINX Encrypting traffic between Nginx and App Server backend (via FastCGI)

Bc6b3ed6ce063eb727b699704dc363a6?d=identicon&s=25 Some Developer (Guest)
I was wondering if it was possible to encrypt traffic between an Nginx
front end and an app server back end? I have a Django application
running and can have the traffic between the Django app and the database
encrypted using SSL and can have traffic from the internet at large and
Nginx encrypted also using SSL but I need to have the traffic between
the Nginx server and the Django app server encrypted as well. Is there a
method to accomplish this?

Thank you for any help.
79518c99454864df949f8c675283698b?d=identicon&s=25 Edho Arief (Guest)
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Some Developer
<someukdeveloper@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if it was possible to encrypt traffic between an Nginx front
> end and an app server back end? I have a Django application running and can
> have the traffic between the Django app and the database encrypted using SSL
> and can have traffic from the internet at large and Nginx encrypted also
> using SSL but I need to have the traffic between the Nginx server and the
> Django app server encrypted as well. Is there a method to accomplish this?

I know two methods
1. nginx on django end with ssl setup
2. stunnel or similar
On 16/10/2012 10:31, Edho Arief wrote: