Forum: GNU Radio Very weird about my N210 board.

0aa304f8c9afc48e5e3740c331a15dc4?d=identicon&s=25 Pan (Guest)

Sorry for bothering you guys. I encountered some very weird thing about
my
N210 board.

When the board is powered up, it seems very thing works well. Actually,
can even ping this board. However, if I run any applications in the
applicationssuch as uhd_fft uhd/siggen  in the /usr/local/bin folder,
the
terminal shows there are many errors as following.  After that, this
board
reset again and again for several minutes. It is very weird! Is there
anyone can tell me what happened with my N210 board. Any suggestion or
hint
will be very appreciated. Thank you so much.

Best,

Pan

pan@pan-XPS-8300:/usr/local/bin$ ./uhd_siggen
linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.3; Boost_104601;
UHD_003.004.003-255-gc7054ce5

-- Opening a USRP2/N-Series device...
-- Current recv frame size: 1472 bytes
-- Current send frame size: 1472 bytes
-- Detecting internal GPSDO.... not found

UHD Error:
    The daughterboard manager encountered a recoverable error in init.
    The daughterboard cannot operate until this error is resolved.
    RuntimeError: fifo ctrl timed out looking for acks

UHD Error:
    Control packet attempt 0, sequence number 318:
    RuntimeError: no control response, possible packet loss

UHD Error:
    Control packet attempt 1, sequence number 319:
    RuntimeError: no control response, possible packet loss

UHD Error:
    Control packet attempt 2, sequence number 320:
    RuntimeError: no control response, possible packet loss

UHD Error:
    An unexpected exception was caught in a task loop.
    The task loop will now exit, things may not work.
    RuntimeError: link dead: timeout waiting for control packet ACK

UHD Error:
    Control packet attempt 0, sequence number 321:
    RuntimeError: no control response, possible packet loss

UHD Error:
    Control packet attempt 1, sequence number 322:
    RuntimeError: no control response, possible packet loss

UHD Error:
    Control packet attempt 2, sequence number 323:
pan@pan-XPS-8300:/usr/local/bin$ ./uhd_fft
linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.3; Boost_104601;
UHD_003.004.003-255-gc7054ce5

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./uhd_fft", line 337, in <module>
    main ()
  File "./uhd_fft", line 333, in main
    app = stdgui2.stdapp(app_top_block, "UHD FFT", nstatus=1)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/stdgui2.py",
line 38, in __init__
    wx.App.__init__ (self, redirect=False)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py",
line 7981, in __init__
    self._BootstrapApp()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py",
line 7555, in _BootstrapApp
    return _core_.PyApp__BootstrapApp(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/stdgui2.py",
line 42, in OnInit
    self._max_noutput_items)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/stdgui2.py",
line 64, in __init__
    self.panel = stdpanel (self, self, top_block_maker, max_nouts)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/stdgui2.py",
line 86, in __init__
    self.top_block = top_block_maker (frame, self, vbox, sys.argv)
  File "./uhd_fft", line 91, in __init__
    otw_format=options.wire_format, args=options.stream_args))
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/uhd/__init__.py",
line 116, in constructor_interceptor
    return old_constructor(*args)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/uhd/uhd_swig.py",
line 2834, in usrp_source
    return _uhd_swig.usrp_source(*args)
RuntimeError: LookupError: KeyError: No devices found for ----->
Empty Device Address
pan@pan-XPS-8300:/usr/local/bin$
558c40b97bd1af8d912424757714bda9?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Do you perhaps have more than one device at the same address on the
same network segment?

Are you running custom firmware/FPGA image on
the N210?

What happens when you flash matching firmware on the N210,
power-cycle it, and run:

uhd_usrp_probe --args "addr=192.168.10.2"

Against it?

On 15 Oct 2012 12:36, Pan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for
bothering you guys. I encountered some very weird thing about my N210
board.

> When the board is powered up, it seems very thing works
well. Actually, I can even ping this board. However, if I run any
applications in the applications,such as uhd_fft, uhd/siggen in the
/usr/local/bin folder, the terminal shows there are many errors as
following. After that, this board reset again and again for several
minutes. It is very weird! Is there anyone can tell me what happened
with my N210 board. Any suggestion or hint will be very appreciated.
Thank you so much.

> Best,
>
> Pan
D7c45fe2b9d1bc4156cebeb19a3a2b63?d=identicon&s=25 Josh Blum (Guest)
On 10/15/2012 09:36 AM, Pan wrote:
> anyone can tell me what happened with my N210 board. Any suggestion or hint
> will be very appreciated. Thank you so much.

Looks like the ethernet link is dying on you. Could be an issue w/ the
driver for your ethernet card. Can you try a different ethernet or PC
and see if the problem follows?
3e80620fe492d92901b7a29b28655d63?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Hilburn (Guest)
Also, are you using Network Manager on your PC? If so, have you told it
ignore the ethernet interface? If not, NM will try to re-negotiate DHCP
on
that interface over and over, bringing down your link every time.

Cheers,
Ben
2474e637cd95190b38f78b5655f795e2?d=identicon&s=25 Nowlan, Sean (Guest)
Sorry for the late reply here, but 1 more thing to check: is the device
getting consistent power? We’ve noticed that if the voltage is too low
or the connector is loose, the radio can be thrown into a state that
produces those errors.

Also, are you using Network Manager on your PC? If so, have you told it
to ignore the ethernet interface? If not, NM will try to re-negotiate
DHCP on that interface over and over, bringing down your link every
time.

Cheers,
Ben
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Josh Blum
<josh@ettus.com<mailto:josh@ettus.com>> wrote:

On 10/15/2012 09:36 AM, Pan wrote:
> anyone can tell me what happened with my N210 board. Any suggestion or hint
> will be very appreciated. Thank you so much.

Looks like the ethernet link is dying on you. Could be an issue w/ the
driver for your ethernet card. Can you try a different ethernet or PC
and see if the problem follows?
Existing account

No account? Register here.